The Fifteen Streets Reviews

• Apr 11, 2012

Catherine Cookson stories are some of my favorites. She deals flavorfully with the true human condition, squeezing the raw emotion out of every major character. Unexpected changes in the story line bring surprise after surprise to the viewer, drawing them in to her web of intrigue ever so deeply. Set in 1900 England, Fifteen Streets is about the gritty aspects of survival for a common dockworker, and those around him. This worker's journey is framed by both love, and tragedy. Do not plan on this being a casual view. Give yourself time to watch, and pay attention. You will be emotionally engaged.

• Jul 07, 2010

A good movie about what it was like to be in england during the turn of the 20th century. very good preformances from all of the cast and a great story thats gets the all the cast in the movie involved in romance, lies and betrayal.

• Jul 26, 2008

Wow. This movie was so wonderful. It was intense and dramatic. It was the story of a family in Ireland at the turn of the century. The O'Brian's were poor, working-class people living in the "Fifteen Street's" an area of town overrun with poverty and crime. John is the protagonist of the story and his brother Dominique is the enemy. If I say anymore I might just spill the beans on the entire movie. It is a must see film!