The Food of the Gods Reviews

• Jun 02, 2018

Not very convincing or frightening at any point but the editor seems to have worked overtime to at least try to make some magic happen. MARjoe Gortner is quite okay in the lead.

• Jul 12, 2017

Giant rats, how ghastly! I enjoyed thinking about a guy trying his best to make this film. The rats change size and ferocity from time to time as you see them. often you can tell they are just cute little mice crawling over a plastic model of a trailer or a car. its not a masterpiece, but it was funny.

• Sep 05, 2016

It has been said that H.G. Wells was not with the first film adaptation of his novel The Island of Dr. Moreau, which was a multilayer satire and rebrand it as a straight up horror movie. I can only imagine what he'd think of this movie had he lived long enough to see it. Not really Well's best work to begin with, but still it must have been a little bit better than being turned into a scifi monster movie of the week.

• Jul 01, 2016

This is way better than I expected. i thought it was a lot of fun, but then again I am legally dumb

• Apr 19, 2016

A interesting premise that doesn't translate onto film well. The story isn't too good, the characters are forgettable, and the effects are shabby. It's rather bleak, dull, and rather hard to watch.

• Oct 11, 2015

Yllättävän viihdyttävä. Varsinkin kömpelöt efektit vain lisäsivät elokuvan huvittavuutta. Vähän kyllä häiritsi se seikka, että lopulta rotat tapettiin hukuttamalla vaikka oikeasti rotta on yksi eläinmaailman parhaimmista uimareista.

• Jul 19, 2015

Based on a novel by H. G. Wells

Based on a novel by H. G. Wells

• Jun 15, 2015

That was actually pretty dope. I was surprised at how effective a lot of the effects were, especially for the times and budget. I'd like to see remakes of these movies. Probably wouldn't work for today's shitty, cynical, hip, "clever" audiences though...

• Jun 01, 2015

The effects are still funny, as they were in Empire of the Ants, but it's less charming in this one. I absolutely hated the hero of the film and the animal cruelty is appalling enough to make this enjoyable, even when there was some promise.

• May 30, 2015

Very unusuall eco thriller of the70's, great character actors, lots of giant brown rats and miniatures sets. Lots of action and overall a good popcorn movie.