The Forger (2012) - Rotten Tomatoes

TOMATOMETER

——

——

AUDIENCE SCORE

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

The Forger Videos

The Forger Photos

Movie Info

Troubled, homeless 15-year-old Joshua (Josh Hutcherson, 'The Hunger Games') lives from hand to mouth on the streets. He lands in Carmel by the Sea, a small town in California known for its local art community, where his prodigious art skill is discovered. As his talent flourishes, Joshua is lured into the underground world of high dollar art forgery. At the same time, he falls in love with Amber, played by Hayden Panettiere ('Heroes'). Amber is a privileged girl from the wealthiest part of town. As the two become closer, the temptations of his new, illegal world become too great a lure for Joshua to resist. In the cutthroat and high stakes game of art forgery, where no one is who they appear to be, Joshua must now attempt to survive, stay true to himself and win back the heart of the girl he loves.
Rating:
PG-13 (for thematic elements and some fighting)
Genre:

Billy Boyd
as Bernie
Show More Cast

Critic Reviews for The Forger

There are no critic reviews yet for The Forger. Keep checking Rotten Tomatoes for updates!

Audience Reviews for The Forger

½

While its plot indeed held promise, The Forger lacks the thrills its premise held, instead going with slow pacing and laughably bad dialogue. Full Review: Every once in a while, we get a movie so bland, boring, and forgettable it feels like one of the least productive ways to kill an hour and a half. The Forger does just this, with an uninspired script and lazy production that's probably a result of nobody really caring. The romance subplot is typical and predictable. The movie tries often to add flare to its boring continuity by throwing in a few engaging elements, but ultimately doing nothing with them. Ultimately, the movie is just a predictable, typical, and forgettable experience you won't miss one bit.

Stephen Ingram
Stephen Ingram

I have a high interest in the subject of art forgery....always wondered what it would be like to have great skill used in the service of someone else's vision, but I honestly couldn't stick with this movie long enough to find out.

Bathsheba Monk
Bathsheba Monk

Absolutely gorgeous cinematography, great acting, and decent plot... however, the script is so problematic with so many bizarre moments that would never happen in real life... that I had to suspend my belief during many moments. When I watch films, I like to lose myself in the story and forget reality for two hours. Due to the lack of believability, I was reminded constantly like a smack in the face that this is just a fictional movie. There is a reason this was a straight to DVD release.

Dannielle Albert
Dannielle Albert

The Forger Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss The Forger on our Movie forum!

News & Features