The Frankenstein Theory - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Frankenstein Theory Reviews

November 15, 2013
The biggest flaw of so many found footage movies I've seen is that no one can seem to write a decent ending to any of them.
November 2, 2013
A decent premise...sort of. But really slow with a couple of shock gags thrown in that are completely unrelated. Then you have a scene with Karl like in Jaws with the old man talking about the USS Indianapolis. And JUST like in Jaws you don't see the monster until almost the end of the movie...but unlike Jaws....it's really not all that impressive.
½ October 6, 2013
A terrible blairwitch wannabe. the best of the film is the cover. that's it. horrible. boring. not scary, not gripping, not... nothing. the worst film I've seen this year. I only regret the time spent watching it. Such a good initial idea and this is what they do with it?? believe me, do NOT spend the time. Very, very, very bad.
October 4, 2013
Took a few too many pages out of The Blair Witch Project's book, but not many of the good ones. This movie is all set up and no pay off.
September 7, 2013
Not the total disaster it seemed it was going to be after the first few minutes. Lemche's performance in the opening feels distractingly affected. He improves a little later on, but never quite enough. The rest of the cast fares better. There are also some genuinely funny, human moments. (e.g. the line about the rent.) Plus, the director seems almost certainly to be a huge Spielberg and Lucas fan as there is little doubt as to what must be homages to Jaws and The Empire Strikes Back. Those touches will likely boost the entertainment value for other such fans (of which I am one). Overall, though, various weaknesses make the setup not quite convincing or compelling. On top of that, a concept that seems rich with thematic possibilities (which the original Frankenstein is) feels wasted on its preference for attempted "Blair Witch" thrills.
½ September 3, 2013
Was this made as a joke? Or do the film-makers actually wish their audiences to be THAT dull and stupid?
Way to take another step towards killing the Found Footage Horror genre...and ruining what films like "Last Exorcism", "Home Movie", and "Lovely Molly" are trying to save.
July 30, 2013
66%

-Frankenstein's Monster vs The Blair Witch-
I don't know about Frankenstein's monster, but I think I caught a glimps of Bigfoot. The Tweaker charicter was pretty good.
½ July 27, 2013
Not the absolute worst movie that I've ever seen. It definitely held my interest, mainly due to its location and scenery. However, I can't help but think that this movie would have been far better suited using big foot, or some other creature, instead of one that had absolutely no business being in the Great Canadian North. The obvious plot holes made it too far fetched for the "found footage" genre. Although with decent acting, and moderate suspense, it made it a watchable and not completely horrible film. 2 1/2 stars.
½ July 9, 2013
Interesting if unexciting found footage film with no monster in sight (that will turn a lot of people off given the great image on the DVD cover). Well photographed and tightly paced excursion into the alaskan hinterland in search of the Mary shelly Monster that is in fact "real". If it had a good payoff at the end, as in some meaty money shots of the beast I would have been satisfied. Instead we get some great photography of snowy landscapes and outhouse cabin structures. Not recommended...
½ June 27, 2013
Another low budget horror flick, not great, but I thought it was somewhat suspenseful, delightfully creepy at times and even hair-raising here and there. I look like a gorilla in a man suit, so when my hair raises, I know it.
½ June 22, 2013
Another fond footage film... Had some nice depth and suspense. Entertaining for a late night fright flick.
June 18, 2013
8/10 - I love FF/Mocks and this was really cool. It was slow and had an interesting story, which is just what Docs/Mocks are supposed to do. It makes you think, "Hmmm... maybe this is possible?" I for sure recommend for fans of the genre to Check'r.
½ June 8, 2013
I finally watched THE FRANKENSTEIN THEORY. It wasn't bad...but it wasn't great either. It's a simple film...actually it's a 'documnetary' film...picture THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT...minus all the running camera shaking and that's the feel you get when watching THE FRANKENSTEIN THEORY. The whole time I was watching this - I was thinking, "Mannn, they have to be seriously cold." (lol) I thought it was a cool flick - with a cool story. I did think it could have used more blood though...way more blood. (lol)
½ May 30, 2013
It was a novel concept and very suspenseful. Well done!
May 20, 2013
I watched this film last night, and found it riveting. Out of curiosity, this morning I scoured the Internet to get a sense of the general reaction to the film. Most striking to me is the absence of discussion about the ending. It is clearly not out of a concern for ?spoiler alerts,? because many of the posts offer a plot synopsis. Even Wikipedia offers a scene-by-scene summary, and then misreads the ending by stating that the monster carries off the woman?s body. This would imply a cadaver, yet another in a series of similar fates. However, that is not how I understand the end of this film at all. Throughout the movie, the academic hot on the monster?s trail insists that it is a rational creature with whom one can converse, and that Frankenstein is looking for companionship. Said academic meets his demise, indicating that conversation is not on the monster?s agenda. Then, as the only remaining crewmember cowers in the yurt ? and she is female, please note ? the monster barges in and knocks her unconscious. While this occurs off camera, the sounds are not congruent with previous carnage. Rather, the viewer hears two quick blows. We then see Frankenstein throw her over his shoulder, grab the ratty doll that someone previously gathered up from the floor of the yurt, and walks off into the wilderness. Frankenstein has found the ?companionship? he desired, and the ending is far more disturbing as a result.
May 19, 2013
Starts off surprisingly solid but slowly descends into a bunch of nothing. Literally.
May 10, 2013
Nothing original in this. No real creepy factor and not very interesting. The characters are completely forgettable. The Monster is barely shown and when you see him, he just looks like a really tall homeless man....nothing very scary about that. I did like the sound effects they used for the monster. They added something to the film and evoked some anticipation of the monster but then you see it and the horror quickly deflates.
May 7, 2013
Me pareció interesante la idea, cómo la plantean al principio y, aunque el "falso documental" no es mucho de mi agrado por los movimientos tan torpes de cámara, típicos de este formato, The Frankenstein Theory maneja mejores tomas. La historia, sin embargo, va en declive hasta el final, sin emociones y me recuerda demasiado a "Chernobyl Diaries". Las locaciones son el atractivo visual, pero no pasa de ahí.
May 7, 2013
really super good, I liked it kinda reminded me of a big foot movie, I really like this movie
½ May 5, 2013
This movie starts 40 mins in and needs to end about there...