The Girl In The Photographs Reviews

• Jun 02, 2018

Poorly executed and badly written low-budget slasher flick. It's very gory just because I think that the makers thought it had to be. It's only saving grace are some fairly funny lines of dialogue and Kal Penn's bizarre performance as an obnoxious photograper.

• Mar 30, 2018

Crappy. No pay off. Really just did not enjoy this movie.

Crappy. No pay off. Really just did not enjoy this movie.

• Nov 12, 2017

This was really hard to sit through.

This was really hard to sit through.

• Jun 30, 2017

Fortunately, I watched this without reading the reviews first. I really liked it and was surprised most didn't. I thought Kal Penn's character was hysterical. Maybe it's because I've had to work with photographers in a professional setting - almost all are insufferable assholes. Give it a shot. You just may enjoy it.

• Feb 23, 2017

The Girl in the Photographs was a pleasant surprise. Not the most creative story line, but it has some decent throats slashing.

• Dec 24, 2016

I wanted to like this, but it simply didn't do this for me - and it was so promising. The concept is interesting, the style is appealing and the protagonist is a nice change from the usual in horror (she is not a victim by any means!) however something really went wrong - it somehow has turned into more of a young adult angst movie with some gore scenes inbetween. There is no real suspense and there are no real scares - it is either too predictable, or simply not frightening in any way. I will say I did like that this is the only movie that I've seen where the person being targeted is like "f this, I'm leaving town, I'm not dumb". But still - it swings and misses. And there were so many interesting themes. I really wanted this to be better.

• Nov 05, 2016

Started off ok and became a little tedious in the middle but finishes in a satisfyingly nihilistic way.

• Oct 16, 2016

As someone who actually lives in Spearfish, SD this movie was very disappointing. Not only was it cringe worthy to watch but they didn't even bother trying to find a location that actually resembled Spearfish. It would have at least held my interest if they had. Its like they closed their eye pointed at the map and picked a name and said ok filming in Canada.

• Oct 07, 2016

Nice bloody deaths set in the area where I live, which was cool but they didnt even film here. A little bit boring however but watchable.

• Aug 29, 2016

Sad this is Wes Craven's final movie with his name on it. This had potential and a really good idea with a good ending but the flow of the movie did not work and actors were bad.