The Girl Who Invented Kissing Reviews

• Nov 07, 2018

Painfully simple and painfully perfect

Painfully simple and painfully perfect

• Jul 13, 2018

I'll miss all of these people forever.

I'll miss all of these people forever.

• Apr 28, 2018

Great movie that held our attention from beginning to end . Very endearing and heartwarming. Superb acting. A must see movie

• Apr 11, 2018

Tom Sierchio showed just enough restraint as a director to not overplay the flaws he gave his characters as a writer, which was the key to giving audiences an opportunity to invest themselves in a heartfelt story you ultimately knew was not going to end well for someone. While Vincent Piazza received top billing, Dash Mihok carried the film and Suki Waterhouse proved herself as a potential star by playing an unconventional romantic costar as the unnamed "Girl who Invented Kissing." I first read this script what seems like a decade ago and the film was everything I could have hoped for it.

• Mar 25, 2018

Great movie. I would recommend anyone who's tired of mindless blockbusters.

Great movie. I would recommend anyone who's tired of mindless blockbusters.

• Feb 25, 2018

This is a phenomenal picture. I haven't enjoyed a film this much in a long time, and I have no friends, so I watch a lot of movies. It's a refreshing, uniquely written, feel good story that I'm not going to explain. Just watch it. The entire experience felt effortless and real and easily absorbed. The acting was outstanding, especially Dash Mihok as Victor and Suki Waterhouse, as "The Girl", who also did a commendable job. Their relationship was both entirely believable and adorable. Let's not forget about the score. It was literally perfect. Rich in atmosphere, charming, and perfectly suited for each scene. I found myself "Shazamming several songs throughout the movie. It's a real shame a movie of this quality goes under the radar because there isn't an "A-list" actor involved. In fact, too many movies are overshadowed by A-list actors and the the roles they are famous for. For example, had Victor been played by Anthony Hopkins instead of Dash Mihok, I'm pretty sure I would have been wondering when Hannibal Lector was going to bite the girl's face off, rather than fall innocently in love with her, if you catch my drift. With that being said, had Emma Stone or Ellen Paige or Ryan Gosling been casted, this gets nominated for an Oscar or Golden Globe, no question. I guess that's just part of the politics of show business. Lame indeed. Regardless, this is one of the most enjoyable movies I've had the pleasure of watching, in a long time. It's that good and shouldn't be missed. Highly, highly recommended.

• Feb 25, 2018

Love this movie. Sometime you take a risk on a movie you have heard no press about and come across a diamond in the rough.

• Feb 24, 2018

Highly recommend! The poster is deceiving. It is NOT a fluffy dumb romance movie as the poser might lead you to think, but rather a unique, well-written and extremely well--acted, emotional and often humorous drama about two brothers and a drug-using drifter girl who walks off a bus and into their crappy lives. The story takes place in the working class town of Bloomfield, NJ with a small group of people stuck in their lives and who judge the "newcomer" as they (and the audience) are unsure of her intentions. Dash Mihok (who plays Bunchie on Ray Donovan) should win an Academy Award for his subtle performance as one of the two brothers (Victor) in a part that, in the hands of a lesser actor, could have ruined this gem of a film. This was a real unexpected treat that brought a few tears to my eyes. Another mention here for the excellent musical score and songs by Matthew Ryan. When you think about the junk that's out there in the movies, it's a shame that films like this fall below the radar.

• Jan 24, 2018

I didn't know what to expect when I started watching this movie but I honestly really enjoyed it and thought it was very well done. The actors/actresses were great.

• Dec 05, 2017