The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest Reviews

August 8, 2016
A little dull. I enjoyed the first one obviously.
½ July 16, 2016
This final chapter is not as infuriatingly incoherent as the previous one, but still it is even less interesting, with little tension and few surprises. Besides, it also lacks that chemistry between the two leads, who are once again barely seen together.
July 2, 2016
The series ended with a bang.
½ March 16, 2016
The next, and last installment of the Millennium series has the same director, but with a completely different writer again which, in my opinion, is not a good thing to know. Seeing as this movie has mixed reviews, it really didn't give me high hopes for it, but The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest is just as good and flawed as The Girl Who Played with Fire. The acting is solid, but I felt like there are moments here and there that seems like they are getting tired of this and just want the movie to be over. The writing is decent, but it gets better at the last 40 minutes of the film. The plot is not much different form the second movie except for the third act ending is a court movie which is the most interesting part of the film and is as interesting as the first movie. The chemistry between Noomi Rapace and Michael Nyqvist is just barely there as the previous movie, but this time, I'm all right with it because I knew what to expect of it given with the same director. The movie is mostly interesting except for the villains who are uninspiring and just dull and forgettable. It has some good thrills here and there, there's some clever moments from Lisbeth and Michel, and there's a good chase at the end. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest is probably a bit of a disappointing conclusion as it could've been better, but I knew it was going to be disappointing going in, I just hoped that it was going to be entertaining however, which it was, and when David Fincher hopefully comes back to direct the sequels, I hope that they are going to be better than the second and this movie.
½ December 30, 2015
Enjoyed, but definitely need to see the first two first. It is very long and can drag a little, but Lisbeth in court makes it all worthwhile.
December 13, 2015
The Girl who kicked the Hornet's Nest is the least intriguing and awe-inspiring of the trilogy, however, it maintains an air of mystery. With this mystery, the film is still enjoyable and interesting, it simply does not quench the thirst the previous films created. Nyqvist and Rapace have amazing chemistry and create their characters with seemingly ease. And with the help of Alfredson, this film ties a trilogy together quite nicely.
December 12, 2015
Another decent addition to this more than decent trilogy as Lisbeth takes on her perverted advocate in court whilst facing up to 3 murder charges and of course the final showdown with the brick outhouse that is Nidemaar
December 6, 2015
The final part of the Millennium Trilogy is an odd beast, Lizbeth Salander is in prison and most of this is meetings and the courtroom.
Whilst it is the great unravelling of the corruption it seems somewhat unsatisfying.
But as a whole, the trilogy is tremendous.
December 3, 2015
Love this entire series!!!
September 19, 2015
It's been all jolly seeing the series coming to an end finally.
First, every piece of the puzzles has been solved.
Second, no more sloppy dragging to another episode.
I haven't read the book, so I am not quite sure if the film 100% followed the original.
C'mon! What a huge turning off by ending the series by a bloody court-hearing scene!! A courtroom scene for !! For real?!!!
½ August 13, 2015
While slow at times, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest is a satisfying conclusion to a great trilogy
½ August 1, 2015
Left me feeling remorseful both for the characters and the end of a great trilogy of films. Do yourself a favour and take in this series.
½ June 18, 2015
Completed the trilogy strong...
½ March 31, 2015
Incrível como essa história só caiu. Um filme de quase 3 horas, uma protagonista que tinha um potencial foda. Vira um pastiche de filmes de tribunais e histórias policiais. Acabou no lugar comum de muitos e muitos filmes do mesmo tipo.
Triste comparando com um primeiro filme espetacular.
Nem dá vontade de ler mais os livros.
February 17, 2015
Not A Gripping Or Deservingly Satisfying Ending. The Books Probably Do It More Justice As The Acting & Flavour Of Intrigue Has Been Lost .. By The End I Was Quite Bored & Disinterested In The Lead-Girls Plight.
½ January 29, 2015
It's satisfying to see all the pieces finally fall into place, but the finale doesn't have the teeth of either of its predecessors. Full review later.
January 1, 2015
Not only my favorite of the millennium trilogy, but one of my all-time favorites, Lizbeth wraps up her story with a buzzing (if not spectacular) punch.
½ December 14, 2014
With an uneven pace and missing the mystery of the first two movies and the sheer brilliance of the first one, the ending to the Millenium trilogy does manage to conclude Lisbeths story even if it does so in some very poor ways, mostly with the loose ends towards the end.
November 24, 2014
A somewhat boring wrap up to the trilogy. The slog through the trial at the end, while not tedious, lacked excitement. This movie seemed to add little of it's own and was just a wrap up to things that happened in the second book. A very long wrap up.
½ November 13, 2014
Fantastic film that ends the trilogy well.