The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest Reviews

• Nov 01, 2020

Degno finale della trilogia, che diventa un dramma giudiziario discretamente eseguito anche se, a livello di credibilità il processo non è il massimo. Noomi Rapace è sempre sul pezzo, cattiva e determinata. Purtroppo gli ultimi 5 minuti di duello con il fratellastro sono abbastanza campati per aria.

• Jun 19, 2020

para terminar la saga y la historia,de estas 3 peliculas. 10/10

para terminar la saga y la historia,de estas 3 peliculas. 10/10

• Jun 15, 2020

I love the focus on Salander. The story is intense and a worthy conclusion to a great story. Fans of the novel should love this.

• May 24, 2020

the movie wasn't that much about the girl and was watchable but that's about it

the movie wasn't that much about the girl and was watchable but that's about it

• May 16, 2020

First impression, this looks like a TV movie version of the Salander story. I segued directly from Played with Fire and it’s very jarring, the comparison. It looks like it’s shot be a D list Lifetime movie in terms of its aesthetic. Update: I found it unwatchable, and I liked the pulpy punk noir of the first two.

• Mar 08, 2019

mostly boring. focused on everything except the title character. lacked what made the first one good. i cared less for this than the second one, but there were parts i liked, including the conclusion, which was also wrapped up the trilogy. (2 viewings)

• Feb 21, 2019

Pretty good and the first time I watched without first listening to the book.

Pretty good and the first time I watched without first listening to the book.

• Aug 14, 2018

4/5. Noomi Rapce and Michael Nyqvist are both great, but don't get enough time together. The courtroom thriller aspects are excellent and very satisfying. It's not as good at the first film, but is better than the second.

• Feb 19, 2018

A disappointing third part of the trilogy. Very pedestrian action and a linear story with no real twists.

• Dec 29, 2017

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest picks up right where Played with Fire left off. It definitely feels like a continuation of the story, and I like how it more clearly unites the efforts of Lisbeth and Mikael even though they remain separated quite a bit again in this chapter of the saga. A lot of the story revolved around a trial that this whole series seems to be leading towards, and I tend to like court scenes, so that wasn’t a big deal to me. However, because of the way this plot is constructed it creates a couple of problems. For one, it takes the most engaging character in the entire series, and has her spend almost the entire film in confinement. While I thought they did some good things with Lisbeth in the hospital and in the trial, I still would rather see her out investigating. The other problem is that having her confined for so long means that not all the loose ends from the previous film can be tied up until much later. This leads to the film feeling like it is extended beyond its logical ending to do one more thing. I still think they did as much as they could to make these storylines work, and I definitely didn’t hate the way this finale plays out. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest is probably not a movie I would watch isolated from the other films in the series, but it is a decent way to finish the character arc of Lisbeth Salander.