The Godfather of Green Bay - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Godfather of Green Bay Reviews

½ January 23, 2013
this is a strange little film following a hack comedian as he travels the circuit & falls into trouble, and love.
May 13, 2012
This wasn't as bad as I thought this was going to be.
June 24, 2011
This wasn't as bad as I thought this was going to be.
February 24, 2011
This wasn't as bad as I thought this was going to be. Decent casting with especially with Thomas Lennon from Reno 911. There were a couple times whent he jokes fell flat, but when the jokes were on, they were good. Sometimes the story was alittle choppy and it did seem like a little too much to tie up the payoff. The payoff of the movie was too quick and it took away from the movie. Decent little movie though.
½ January 14, 2011
A goofy, funny Indie comedy where a comic veteran seeks to finally make the big stage of the Tonight Show after several unsuccessful attempts by traveling to a tiny Wisconsin town just outside Green Bay 2,000 miles from Los Angeles. The local characters are portrayed quite true to life, representing northern Wisconsin (and of course da U.P., eh? ya....) reasonably well. Funny all around comedy if you like the quirky comedies (deer jokes, drunken Packer fans, etc, etc...) Certainly not a perfect movie by any means but was fun to watch nevertheless.
½ June 16, 2008
I love Pete Schwaba from his guest appearances on Jimmy Pardo's Never Not Funny. He is delightful in this movie. It's a decent road trip kind of movie. Made better by the quirky characters.
April 11, 2008
Not all guys walk around with mullets in gbz. And we aren't obsessed with the macarena! But pretty funny!!!
March 28, 2008
Except for Sean Boyce. He was easily worth five stars!!
February 16, 2008
A sweetly retarded cast of extras makes this one an indie must see
January 3, 2008
It was perfect, the acting, shapes of faces, fluency.
½ December 30, 2007
It's pretty amusing if you're FROM WI. BUt I'm glad many local talents were in it (Eric Price) & I'm impressed he got Thomas Lennon, Lauren Holly & Goldwyn to do it. The accents were amusing.
½ December 21, 2007
Quirky and often funny.
½ November 29, 2007
Grand classique. ça me rappelle les soirées d'hiver
September 23, 2007
there nothing that can possibly challenge this...
September 19, 2007
Took me a long time to fully appreciate this movie. I didn't get it when I was younger.
September 12, 2007
Finally a classic movie which stands up to the novel
August 18, 2007
if you are from wisconsin this might hit a little too close to home.
If you are from any other state and have spent and extended amount of time in WI you will understand and love this movie!
July 25, 2007
if you are from wisconsin this might hit a little too close to home.
½ July 20, 2007
Not terrible, and I am totally biased in favor of any 'local' movies. Hey, they tried, right?
½ July 10, 2007
If you want a hillarious movie mocking all that is Green Bay, this is it. I loved everything about it. Unless you are from Green Bay, you even might think it is over played, not the case.