The Good Neighbor Reviews

• May 06, 2019

Although it is not professionally paced, "The Good Neighbor" sets up two very realistic teenage characters who both react in ways that make sence. The ending is definitely the highlight of the film. The gloomy atmosphere creates a very sinister environment, which is then contrasted by the emotional ending. This film takes up issues such as unfair court sentencing, typical stereotypes, peer pressure, etc. I thoroughly enjoyed this film, and it definitely had a lasting impact on me. "The Good Neighbor" also has good rewatch value, because the story can be seen much differently once you now the truth.

• Mar 27, 2019

A mystery disguised as a horror. The ending is so thought provoking and actually made me cry. A great movie if you ask me. Intense and powerful.

• Jan 20, 2019

Surprised at the mostly neagtive reviews from critics. This is a good thought provoking movie with a well executed ending. The flashbacks and cuts back to the present are very well done and it keeps you guessing all the way til the end. I enjoyed it mostly b/c the movie surprised me. Although the story is perhaps coanventional, it does not take the conventional route. It is also extremely well made, with tight pacing and good performances. The movie really is more of a drama/thriller rather than a horror movie. So if you're expecting a jump scare don't breathe type of horror movie than skip this one.

• Dec 29, 2018

Roller coaster from start to finish, I liked this movie! In the society we live in where most record everything they do or that others do (not to mention the urge to be a viral superstar), it makes you think about how much is too much. Well written, well acted.

• Nov 25, 2018

A decent storyline with few important characters. The scenes in this movie gave hidden details that led Irony and emotions. The throw-in of psychological refrences gave it a slightly disturbing tone while at the same time wouldnt be considered a "horror" movie. Over all a very well made movie that i injoyed and left me at the edge if my seat multiple times.

• Oct 26, 2018

Interesting concept and executed wonderfully.

Interesting concept and executed wonderfully.

• Oct 24, 2018

Accually really good. The music was great. The story was accually pretty intriguing. The ending though. The entire time the movie is making you believe this is whats happening and why. The end changes every bit of that. 8/10.

• Aug 26, 2018

Interesting unfolding of the relationships and motives of characters in a suburb under the guise of an unethical experiment. Nothing ground breaking, just a sad sort of injustice.

• Aug 20, 2018

Throughout the entire movie I was dying to know what was in his basement. My boyfriend and I kept foreshadowing based off of small things we had seen in the movie. The plot twist still shocked me and then broke my heart! I really enjoyed this movie.

• Aug 19, 2018

Very good thriller. 10/10 would recommend watching!

Very good thriller. 10/10 would recommend watching!