The Good Neighbor - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Good Neighbor Reviews

December 10, 2017
Lots of build up, no payoff.
October 28, 2017
Really Enjoyed this Movie! I really like the Actor that plays Sean 'Keir Gilchrist'.. First saw him in one of my Favorite Shows 'The United States Of Tara' as Toni Collette is one of my Favorite Actors.
He is also in New Netflix show "Atypical ' and "It Follows".
Great Actor??
October 7, 2017
Story took awhile to get to the point. James Caan was the best thing of this film without a doubt. There were some intense scenes that made you turn your head upside down. Overall it was okay, definitely not a film I would watch again or reccomend. But it is a film that could be watched just to pass the time.
September 29, 2017
I absolutely loved this movie. Though sometimes subtle, it's scenes wove together an emotional story. A perspective that is slowly developed throughout the movie.

While I highly recommend you see this movie, I noticed the trailers seemed to give an incorrect portrayal of it and actually took several scenes out of context. Point being, don't watch the trailers, just enjoy the movie!
September 24, 2017
An excellent film that reminds the audience of how misconceptions can lead to unthinkable tragedy. Rotten Tomatoes has failed yet again in its unfair rating of this masterpiece. Chilling as it is brilliantly executed, this film is definitely worth the watch. I would definitely recommend this film to any movie fan.
½ September 22, 2017
I truly enjoyed the way this movie takes the trope of the teenagers messing with a crotchety old drunk and slowly twists your perception of the characters. While it's missing some character development it certainly deserves more attention than it currently has. I would watch this again and that's not something I can say about many movies.
September 6, 2017
Just watched on Netflix. The actors were fine but the script was not unless you like tot see 2 punk kids unknowingly trick an old man into thinking he was being haunted by his late wife. The end result was not satisfying as a viewer at all.
August 28, 2017
Great movie when there is nothing else to watch at night. Great plot. A little slow but when are self recorded documentary type of movies aren't? Exactly. Nice flow through the movie. Original in a sense.
½ August 19, 2017
Great movie. Well written.
August 15, 2017
I do not understand the abysmal ratings, I thought this thriller told a pretty interesting story, with a dark twist. There is some social & justice-system commentary there, and the ending leaves you wondering where everyone stands on the moral spectrum.
July 26, 2017
Was expecting more of a horror flick, which turned out to be something that I kept telling myself was incredibly cheesy, while at the same time, sitting up in bed wondering what was about to happen.

For a movie I didn't expect anything from, it was at least engaging for the most part, and modestly entertaining. Worth the watch if you've come to the end of your saved movie/show list on Netflix.

Was not expecting to get hit square in the feels at the end and fight tears off - well done, James Caan. You were the main reason I gave this film a slightly above average rating.
July 19, 2017
such a surprising twist amazing actors
July 19, 2017
This was a great movie amazing twist had me shocked for days.
July 18, 2017
i actually loved the movie. i didn't give it 5 stars because: 1. those idiots got away with murder, though that is exactly what the outcome would be in a real-life situation.
2. though a better type of "found footage" and documentary-type film, i still hate those kind of cinemas.
other than that, i would recommend it.
June 22, 2017
I don't know why the reviews on this movie are so bad considering that I liked it so much.I recommend it.
½ June 10, 2017
Two stars for originality
½ June 2, 2017
Wow this movie is so underrated by the critics. Very clever, kept me engaged the entire time. And even if the ending might be transparent for some people, the 2nd ending will get you. Great movie.
May 19, 2017
Though its mixing of found footage style with practical film-making seems odd at first, The Good Neighbor provides a nice set up before flipping its story and perception in a somber final act.
April 28, 2017
Very original film, and worth watching.