The Great Sinner - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Great Sinner Reviews

½ October 26, 2015
a film all about gambling
½ January 18, 2015
Pelicula de fácil visionado con una pareja protagonica en pleno esplendor de su belleza.
½ April 25, 2013
A great cast in a film about the gambling bug--Weisbaden Follies!!
½ March 23, 2010
A dark, star-studded melodrama directed by Robert Siodmak that's overlong, talky, and very preachy. But with a surprisingly literate screenplay by Christopher Isherwood, it offers some fascinating character complexity that's much more than you'd expect from an old-fashioned Hollywood costume drama, helped along by Sidomak's taut direction and excellent black and white cinematography by George Folsey. Too uneven to really be a classic, but very interesting despite its flaws.
July 11, 2009
Pelicula d facil visionado con una pareja protagonica en pleno esplendor de su belleza
December 5, 2008
Gardner is super beautiful. Peck is super handsome. I don't care about the rest...
September 14, 2008
Ava Gardner & Gregory Peck make a great couple. Melvyn Douglas was annoying
August 2, 2008
good stuff well acted with all star cast
April 10, 2008
This movie terrified me in regards to the way in which gambling can ensnare even the most levelheaded people who may think they are above falling into such a trap. It doesn't matter the age or occupation, we are all vulnerable to this wicked ploy if we are not careful. It demonstrates the danger of attempting to beat Satan at his own game. Let's face it, he's been at it a lot longer than us! The film may be a bit predictable and neatly wrapped, but still effective and thought-provoking. Gregory Peck and Ava Gardner are outstanding!