The Greatest Reviews

• Jun 29, 2017

this movie is absolutely horrific. even though it's still an interesting story, the acting is, well, not the greatest.

• Oct 25, 2015

I have seen this movie and the reason that I give it 5 stars is because it is an honest portrayal of Ali by Ali. There are a number of things that Ali could have white washed out of this movie and he didn't. And for a man to honestly present the good and the bad about himself is very rare and speaks volumes about the man. He is the hero of many people for a reason. This movie is definitely worth the watch.

• Sep 24, 2014

wow....wow....wow.....just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a great movie 2 watch.....its got a good cast of actors/actresses throughout this movie.....I think that Muhammad ali, ernest borgnine (.R.I.P.), john marley, Lloyd Haynes, Robert duvall, play good roles/parts throughout this movie......I think that the director of this drama movie had done a great job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie....I think that this is such a fascinating movie 2 watch as it is a real-life movie 2 watch, its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie...... Rahaman Ali, Howard Bingham, Harold Conrad, Lloyd Wells, Pat Patterson, and Gene Kilroy appear as themselves. There are many uncredited roles in the film including some major characters such as Ruby Sanderson his girlfriend, Belinda Board who became his wife and Herbert Mohammed son of Elijah Muhammad and his manager at one point. James Earl Jones is uncredited in the film in his role as Malcolm X Robert Duvall is uncredited as a Miami promoter trying to get Ali to abandon the Muslim faith man this is such a powerful drama movie 2 watch, it is such an interesting movie 2 watch, its got a great cast throughout this movie...... The song "The Greatest Love of All" was written for this film and sung by George Benson; it was later remade by Whitney Houston as "Greatest Love of All". The movie is based on a book written by Muhammad Ali, Herbert Muhammad and Richard Durham. man this is such a powerful drama movie 2 watch, it is such a great classics movie 2 watch.....it is such a fascinating documentary movie 2 watch...... The film follows Ali's life from the 1960 Olympics to his regaining the heavyweight crown from George Foreman in their famous "Rumble in the Jungle" fight in 1974. The footage of the boxing matches themselves are largely the actual footage from the time involved. man this is such a great movie 2 watch, I think that this is such a really well written/acted/directed movie 2 watch, I think that this is such a brilliant classics movie 2 watch, its got a great cast throughout this movie, but it is such a great movie 2 watch with a great cast throughout this movie......its got good fight scenes throughout this movie....man this is such a brilliant movie 2 watch, it is such a interesting movie 2 watch with a great movie 2 watch it is such a great movie 2 watch...... .

• Mar 23, 2012

The greatest boxer of all-time is arguably the worst actor that I have ever seen.

John B Super Reviewer
    Jan 27, 2012

Essentially this is two films: one with fascinating footage of the time around Ali's first title triumph and then subpar footage of the reclaiming of the title from George Foreman. You can't take your eyes off of Ali inevitably. The real man is still somewhat shrouded in mystery for me. This was a good glimpse.

• Jan 15, 2012

• Panta O Super Reviewer
    Dec 14, 2010

In this movie you can see the story told by the man himself... and played by him as well! Following young Cassius Clay`s struggle against prejudice and discrimanation from his Olympic cold win to the famous Rumble in the Jungle, the fight against George Foreman! Muhammad Ali is a natural performer and in this film he is managing not to go overboard! The best part of the script is that just concentrates itself with hard facts . I'll have to say that without Ali we would never know about him turning up at Sonny Liston`s house at the dead of night to throw insults... and that is the advantage of this movie! It is like some kind of documentary reconstruction of a remarkable life... and it`s all true! I'll have to say that I enjoyed the performance of Phillip MacAllister playing the young Cassius Clay Jr displaying the engaging affrontery of a young talent so sure of himself that discretion in self-description knows no bounds... real Ali's characteristics which will later refine through formal discipline, professional conflicts and the controversial refusal to be inducted in the US Army. Movie with a message... and important part of a history story which should be told!

• Dec 13, 2008

Nice little bio film even though it doesn't always feel like one. Ali makes for quite a good actor in it as well.