Reviews

• Jan 16, 2022

Bad script. Non sense at all.

Bad script. Non sense at all.

• Dec 31, 2021

Don't understand the positive ratings. Horrible movie. Poor Dan Stevens. Left Downton for this?

• Dec 15, 2021

Worst movie I’ve ever seen. Rotten tomatoes was definitely paid to give good ratings for this. I created a profile just to say how bad this movie is. 1 1/2 hrs we will never get back.

• Nov 12, 2021

Excellent horror/thriller with a fantastic ending.

Excellent horror/thriller with a fantastic ending.

• Oct 25, 2021

It starts out so great, lags a little in the middle, and ends like an 80s B movie. It was so close to being good, but not quite.

• Oct 16, 2021

Truly bad movie. Bad character motivation. Not believable. Halloween Meets Scarface.

• Oct 09, 2021

The Guest is really fun action psychological thriller that if Michael Myers and T-1000 from The Terminator make a baby that would be really pog.

• Oct 04, 2021

The 91% Rotten Tomatoes rating must be a typo; this movie is so egregiously bad it could easily pass for a spoof.

• Aug 31, 2021

I enjoyed the movie! slasher/action with some drama and second guessing!

I enjoyed the movie! slasher/action with some drama and second guessing!

• Aug 26, 2021

Its hard to believe that its actually been 7 years since I first saw the Guest, and I have still continued to recommend it to all sorts of people. I just cant imagine a person who wouldn't enjoy what this film has to offer, and I have re-watched it more times that I care to admit. Im not going to tell you that this is a film without flaws, but if you are simply looking for a movie that will keep you locked in place for the entirety of its runtime, look no further. From what I understand, a sequel has been confirmed, but Its not going to be the same kind of movie, which I am pleased to hear. Often, a sequel cheapens the original by trying to make all of the same moves, but a fresh sequel is something I can get behind. Ultimately, its the look of the Guest that made a lasting impression. The music really sets the tone for the very impressive cinematography, with awesome colorwork, composition, and lighting. To be honest, on looks alone, this might be in my top 10 favorites of all time. Its just that beautiful. Don't go into it expecting sheer realism...you must suspend disbelief throughout, but that's hardly a bad thing.