The Hangover Part II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hangover Part II Reviews

½ December 22, 2015
They should had stopped at part 1...
5/10
November 27, 2015
The film definitely has flaws but is entertaining enough if your expectations aren't super high. I think it is definitely a copy of the first and the formula has barely been tweaked here. You would think the same thing would be just as funny but its not. I feel the filmmakers just tried to make everything raunchier and more extreme and they expected more humor. It really makes you feel shocked more than laugh. Still it has a decent enough mystery despite familiarity issues. Overall I can say its alright but nothing as groundbreaking as the first one.
½ November 23, 2015
Yes. It precisely happens again which does not make any sense at all. But a movie is a movie. What I have said about before was wrong. The plot is a lot better than the first one. Cooper, Helms and Galif all show more enthusiasm including Ken Jeong (which has a bigger role in this film). The film is a crueler, darker, raunchier carbon version of the first one. But I laughed my ass off. Worth it.
November 5, 2015
Far inferior to the original. This film is sure to bring about a few chuckles, but not much else.
½ September 19, 2015
An almost completely plotless waist of time and money. Only a few well-deserved laughs in this one, for me.
September 18, 2015
Despite the fact that this is a direct copy of the first movie, it's still hilarious enough to be part of the franchise! A-
½ September 12, 2015
Quite boring and really not that funny. They really made another one after this one??
½ September 8, 2015
WHAT I LIKED: It has all the great things about the first one - a fun mystery story, a group of guys enjoying themselves, funny one liners...
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: It literally is the first film all over again with nothing inventive or new to add to the story or even any more character development
VERDICT: A great film, but a sequel that is literally the first film repeated isn't really a worthy film at all. Couldn't they have been more inventive?
August 26, 2015
Not so Pure perfection, as the brilliant Ed Helms, the hunky action packed Bradley Cooper and the more useless Zach Galifankis star in this not so hilarious film as the wolf pack head to Bangkok but the true doubt in this film is the that it's the exact same film but set in Bangkok and the Aisen vibe gives it a downer to me, still good tho
August 21, 2015
Perhaps a little more thought could have made this film more original than it's predecessor, which was definitely better than this. Although, some of the wit was diminished, and the hilarious jokes were more scarce than the first movie, but Hangover Part II still delivers suspense and laughs. Definitely down from it's expectations, yet I still insist this wacky sequel contains humor for most looking for a comedy movie.
½ August 20, 2015
Like drinking petrol with bovril. Unbearable.
½ August 10, 2015
Lived up to my expectations
½ August 10, 2015
A filthy carbon copy of the first movie that's more dark and disturbing than it is funny.
August 4, 2015
Not as good as the first one.
July 29, 2015
With unremarkable script writing and acting scattered everywhere in the plot, lacking the same smart jokes and comedy as well as any new ideas other than repeating much of the 1st film's structure and thus leaving no structure for surprise or any plot points that are based more on "spilled milk" unfixable damage rather than unexplained events, Hangover 2 isn't as entertaining as Hangover 1.
½ July 27, 2015
Are sequels ever better than the originals, well, in my opinion there have been a few (Terminator 2, American Pie 2, Home Alone 2). This possibly may be added to the list "MAY BE" because this is definitely very funny, but the debate as to whether it is better to me is because when I saw the first one, I seen it about 2 weeks after it's release and heard a lot of people saying it's "the funniest movie ever". Now, when I saw it, i laughed, but I don't feel it was the funniest ever because maybe that's what i was expecting. With this one, I only heard very little feedback, almost none, so I had a little more of an open mind, and it didn't disappoint. Sure, it is pretty much the exact same movie over again, but it worked and that is all that matters. A definite must see for fans of the 1st one or new viewers that want to laugh.
½ July 27, 2015
Not as good as the first, but still very watchable and stupidly funny...if you liked the first one you won't be too disappointed!
½ July 25, 2015
A shameful carbon copy of the original, The Hangover Part II lacks the originality that made the first one so great, though it's still sort of enjoyable
July 13, 2015
Better than the first.
June 21, 2015
I knew I had been duped when the first half hour consisted of a complete recap of the original movie, along with many of the same jokes verbatim. This was painful to watch.