The Hangover Part II - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hangover Part II Reviews

½ February 7, 2016
Although this movie seemed a little similar to the first Hangover, thats what made it slightly amusing and genuinely funny.
It did have some parts that seemed a little unnecessary but overall I found it generally good.
½ January 9, 2016
This film disappointed me. I loved the first film and I thought the second would be great as well. However it is just the same film all over again there is nothing different about it. Most of the jokes fall flat and the film is just unfunny most of the time. I'm sorry Hangover but you should of left it at 1 and I will not be watching the 3rd because of how this film has turned out.
January 7, 2016
Its spot on hilarious.
January 4, 2016
Similar formula to the first film. Except where the actor Bryan Callen is the only person with a new role. Eddie has a severe case of amnesia and totally forgot he was the owner of a wedding chapel and met the group in the first movie.
December 31, 2015
Bangkok? Well the pacts did another crazy thing as the first movie.. The same formula was used here and for me it just as same as the first movie, they just need a better twist.. Overall, I'm not that impressed with this sequel..
½ December 28, 2015
Surprisingly just as good as the first movie!
½ December 22, 2015
They should had stopped at part 1...
5/10
November 27, 2015
The film definitely has flaws but is entertaining enough if your expectations aren't super high. I think it is definitely a copy of the first and the formula has barely been tweaked here. You would think the same thing would be just as funny but its not. I feel the filmmakers just tried to make everything raunchier and more extreme and they expected more humor. It really makes you feel shocked more than laugh. Still it has a decent enough mystery despite familiarity issues. Overall I can say its alright but nothing as groundbreaking as the first one.
½ November 23, 2015
Yes. It precisely happens again which does not make any sense at all. But a movie is a movie. What I have said about before was wrong. The plot is a lot better than the first one. Cooper, Helms and Galif all show more enthusiasm including Ken Jeong (which has a bigger role in this film). The film is a crueler, darker, raunchier carbon version of the first one. But I laughed my ass off. Worth it.
November 5, 2015
Far inferior to the original. This film is sure to bring about a few chuckles, but not much else.
½ September 19, 2015
An almost completely plotless waist of time and money. Only a few well-deserved laughs in this one, for me.
September 18, 2015
Despite the fact that this is a direct copy of the first movie, it's still hilarious enough to be part of the franchise! A-
½ September 12, 2015
Quite boring and really not that funny. They really made another one after this one??
½ September 8, 2015
WHAT I LIKED: It has all the great things about the first one - a fun mystery story, a group of guys enjoying themselves, funny one liners...
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: It literally is the first film all over again with nothing inventive or new to add to the story or even any more character development
VERDICT: A great film, but a sequel that is literally the first film repeated isn't really a worthy film at all. Couldn't they have been more inventive?
August 26, 2015
Not so Pure perfection, as the brilliant Ed Helms, the hunky action packed Bradley Cooper and the more useless Zach Galifankis star in this not so hilarious film as the wolf pack head to Bangkok but the true doubt in this film is the that it's the exact same film but set in Bangkok and the Aisen vibe gives it a downer to me, still good tho
August 21, 2015
Perhaps a little more thought could have made this film more original than it's predecessor, which was definitely better than this. Although, some of the wit was diminished, and the hilarious jokes were more scarce than the first movie, but Hangover Part II still delivers suspense and laughs. Definitely down from it's expectations, yet I still insist this wacky sequel contains humor for most looking for a comedy movie.
½ August 20, 2015
Like drinking petrol with bovril. Unbearable.
½ August 10, 2015
Lived up to my expectations
½ August 10, 2015
A filthy carbon copy of the first movie that's more dark and disturbing than it is funny.
August 4, 2015
Not as good as the first one.