Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies

Summary

Before he was an Oscar-nominated star of The Silver Linings Playbook, Bradley Cooper was one of Hollywood's go-to guys for the sort of rakishly smarmy character that every truly great R-rated comedy really needs -- comedies like, say, The Hangover, which shifted Cooper's career into high gear in 2009. This week, as the Hangover trilogy prepares for its presumably Jeong-filled conclusion, we're taking a moment to look back at some of the critical highlights from his filmography -- and given that he only made his cinematic debut a little over 10 years ago, those highlights are more numerous (and more diverse) than you might think. It's time for Total Recall! Back to Article

Comments

Kent Galloway

Kent Galloway

I think he's a great actor, but I don't see movies just because he's in them.

May 22 - 11:43 PM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

I suspect you lost much of it in editing.

May 23 - 12:00 AM

Heber Rodriguez

Heber Rodriguez

lol thats funny, bradley cooper is hands down one of my fav actors, limitless is one of my all time favorite films.

May 23 - 12:57 AM

Frisby2007

Frisby 2007

Love this dude; fantastic actor. I'm so looking forward to seeing Silver Linings Playbook hen I get a chance.

Also, the only crap films I've seen him in are the two rotten ones listed here.

May 23 - 03:31 AM

Frisby2007

Frisby 2007

The worst movie ever? Next you're going to say Transformers Revenge of the Fallen was descent.

May 23 - 03:34 AM

CFM

'schak Attack

Yeah, I'm sure he's cryin' all the way to the bank.

May 23 - 08:17 AM

Killer Jay

Jay Catler

My bank just reached 3 million. No lie, so i'm rich.

May 23 - 08:57 AM

shotput8

Marc Bergman

My bank has hundreds of billions of dollars. Me? Not so much.

May 23 - 09:34 AM

CFM

'schak Attack

Yeah, he's probably cryin' all the way to the bank.

May 23 - 08:19 AM

Brian Waite

Brian Waite

You said that already 'schak Attack. Come up with something new.

May 25 - 11:49 PM

Oliver D.

Oliver Davidson

That's not why Typhon asked the question. I understood the question because I saw Limitless. Limitless sucks. It's an awful movie. How 70% of critics liked it is astonishing. At least 30% of them got it right.

May 23 - 08:51 AM

Killer Jay

Jay Catler

My bank just reached 3 million. No lie, so i'm rich.

May 23 - 08:57 AM

Oliver D.

Oliver Davidson

I've seen seven of the ten. Of the seven I've seen, I'll give him props for four of them: Silver Linings Playbook, The Hangover, The Place Beyond The Pines, and Wedding Crashers. These four movies were all very good. Of these four, we can eliminate Wedding Crashers as being "his movie." Yes, The Zach was hilarious. However, the movie worked because of Vince Vaughn and Vaughn's excellent interplay with the rest of the cast. Same thing with Yes Man and Jim Carrey. Frankly, I think it's too early to create this list. Cooper is a "late starter." He didn't land any noteworthy lead roles until after The Hangover blew up. I like him a lot, but I've only seen two movies in which I'd say he was truly great in roles that required a high level of acting talent (Silver Linings Playbook and The Place Beyond The Pines). One last thing: Limitless sucked. Boring, derivative crap. I'm surprised 70% of critics liked it, but at least that clarifies which 30% of critics to listen to. Most of Cooper's best movies are ahead of him, not behind him.

May 23 - 09:08 AM

Jorge Guevara

Jorge Guevara

About limitless: Boring? Sure, your opinion, whatever. Derivative? I'm sorry, i must have missed the dozen or so movies about drug enhacement making someone super smart and then create a financial fortune.

Everytime one of you guys make an objective statement about a movie you mostly look like jackasses, it's ok if you didn't like the movie, but saying "How 70% of critics liked it is astonishing" is just an extremely lazy idea.

May 23 - 11:48 PM

Oliver D.

Oliver Davidson

Exactly, Troll Killer. Most of Cooper's movies are bad movies. It's WAY too early to make this list. I like him, but he only has a few quality films under his belt. He's a late starter, though, and I think his best work is ahead of him (outside of Silver Linings Playbook, which I imagine will always be one of his best).

May 23 - 09:11 AM

todd123

Todd Garry

LOL only 70%

May 23 - 09:17 AM

Karl Koveal

Karl Koveal

WET HOT AMERICAN SUMMER FOREVER. I randomly discovered that film in hs and it's what started my love for Cooper, that and his stint on Jack & Bobby. But I agree with others, this is kinda awkward when all ten films aren't fresh.

May 23 - 09:21 AM

shotput8

Marc Bergman

My bank has hundreds of billions of dollars. Me? Not so much.

May 23 - 09:34 AM

infernaldude

Infernal Dude

I think he's shown he's a can give a great performance (Silver Linings) and that he is serious about the craft of acting (the Inside the Actors Studio stuff). He does have the propensity to choose whatever script hits his desk, though.

May 23 - 12:18 PM

Patrick Bateman

Patrick Bateman

I first saw him in Limitless, which was...enjoyable, but my favorite are Pines and Playbook. He's receiving better and better roles.

May 23 - 01:47 PM

Keith Allison

Keith Allison

I kind of wish they had waited to do this list. After all, Cooper has American Hustle and Serena coming out later in the year, and those should easily make it into the Top 10.

May 23 - 04:26 PM

Jorge Guevara

Jorge Guevara

May 23 - 11:48 PM

David DeLaurentis

David DeLaurentis

Silver linings playbook, is a stunningly excellent movie. It has that classic feel of movie giants of the past. LOVED IT!!

May 24 - 04:09 AM

Augusta Mels

Augusta Mels

Why the hell is Silver Linings Playbook his best film? It was unfunny, uninteresting, overly sentimental and predictable. Plus, what happened to the ending? I was expecting so much more.

May 24 - 05:10 AM

scifimark

scifi mark

Because its not the traditional rom-com garbage that is spewed out by hollywood. He was fantastic in that movie.

May 24 - 06:09 PM

Tory Lee

Tory Lee

I'm going to be blunt, Augusta. You might be an idiot.

May 27 - 07:14 PM

Richard Linklater
Richard Linklater

What are his Five Favorite Films?

The Hunger Games
The Hunger Games

New Mockingjay teaser trailer

Emmys
Emmys

Full 2014 nominations list

Planet of the Apes
Planet of the Apes

Watch interviews with the cast