The Happytime Murders Reviews

• 2d ago

This movie was basically what I expected from it: a raunchy, over-the-top at times adult movie about puppets. While made by the same company (and son of Jim Henson), it's not a Muppet movie, but it's entertaining nonetheless. It's full of stupid, silly humor throughout, and it was a surprise to see some small areas of social commentary (the treatment of puppets VS people, blue being seen as a lesser color, etc.); there are actually a couple moments that get are relevant to the world. Most of the movie, of course, is full of shenanigans that flow along at a good pace. The humans and puppets were all well-cast, and I thought it was pretty entertaining overall!

• Feb 04, 2020

This movie is funny and a general break of the norm. It is laughable and doesn't require much of thinking but it has its funny moments. Just one to be funny and laughable, but it works. Check it out. Probably funnier when your drunk

• Jan 22, 2020

I will give this movie some originality points, but that's about all. I'm fine with crude humor and this one has plenty of it. The problem is that's about the only humor this movie has. What a waste of Melissa McCarthy's time...I hope she saw a nice paycheck from this disappointing comedy.

• Jan 19, 2020

Not bad, it was actually pretty funny at most times. It's good, I'd recommend it.

• Jan 19, 2020

I HATE THAT MOVIE, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I HATE THAT MOVIE, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

• Jan 13, 2020

If you liked the Muppets years back, you might enjoy this "Adult Version" produced by Henson. It's not the greatest movie, but it has its wits, dirty talk and violence which was naturally not to be seen in the family version of old. It's pretty peculiar, least said, but certain scenes are surely hilarious. If you have nothing better to do, it might while away 90 minutes, waging between some nice teenhood memories and silly senseless modern fun. 6/10 points.

• Jan 11, 2020

It's not as bad as most critics say. The strongest part is the genuine relationship between Baretta and McCarthy and how they're both invested in solving the case to save their friendship and bring justice for the Happytime Gang. It's nice to see a whole bunch of new (bad mouthed) Muppet characters and the filthy jokes are fun. As long as they're not too predictable or repeated too much which is sometimes the case.

• Snafu
    Jan 06, 2020

OMG, this was one of the funniest movies I've ever seen! Absolutely hilarious!! :D I honestly don't know what people were expecting, but it was exactly what I thought it was going to be. Good ol' raunch fun but with puppets!! Brilliant!

• Jan 03, 2020

Awesome move very raunchy but also very well done plot not for the kids though at all

• Dec 30, 2019

Hilarious! Definitely for adults only. (Ie: the muppet's carpet does match the drapes)