The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia Reviews

September 26, 2014
Very boring movie. Super corny. Filled with stereotypes about Georgia that are inaccurate.
February 9, 2014
was the station master good or bad and do you let them in ?
½ February 26, 2014
Good story, quite scary in places.
½ October 19, 2014
Has alot of startling scenes which is good for a horror movie. Gets really intense in the last 30 minutes.
½ October 14, 2014
this is an insanely good horror film!!
½ October 6, 2014
Miten sitä aina onnistuukin valitsemaan sen pahimman pökäleen.
October 6, 2014
Half decent horror thriller. Reasonable Sunday evening bored at home fodder
October 2, 2014
Excellent Psychological Horror + Thriller & Mystery Movie..........................
½ September 14, 2014
It relied on jump scares and loud sounds to get a reaction from the viewer. In fact, there were so many jump scares that I couldn't help but expect them whenever the music stopped and it became quiet.
There was nothing resonant at all about the movie. The shots, angles, music, and story were generic, expected, and had been done before.
½ September 14, 2014
Ghosts, revenants and Katee Sackhoff...And it still manages to be really dull...
September 12, 2014
Very unorganized....and stupid title!!!
August 22, 2014
"Ghosts Of Georgia" follows a young family starting out in a new home with not a lot of money but plenty of land and love in a small town in Georgia. It is a place steeped in history as the family soon learns. As part of the Underground Railroad. Soon paranormal events begin to unfold as the family settles in with most of the activity centering around the gifts of the female members of the family. The story is sold as a sequel to the original film of the same title but is a completely stand along event with no correlation. It is one of the most famous haunting cases in the paranormal investigative world and also one my favorite creepy tales. "Ghosts Of Georgia" was the directorial debut of Tom Elkins who worked on several other movies about ghosts.The film stars Abigail Spencer, Chad Michael Murray, Katee Sackhoff and Emily Alyn Lind all of whom give a pretty standard performance except for Emily who played Heidi. Her performance was far exceeding of the standard capabilities and almost showed the young actress to possess talent like such actresses' as Chloe Moretz or Dakota Fanning.

I wasn't expecting much going into this film mostly due to the ridiculous title of the picture but I actually enjoyed the film. There was the basic elements here to be far more scarier but where held back by standard effects tricks that now plague paranormal movies almost to the point of making them boring. Yet at moments I felt actual suspense and eerie tension as more dramatic scenes unfolded into real chilling events. The setting and story was creepy and the film version held a far more haunting presence than what I originally imagined from the actual story. The film veered from the true paranormal case with a more morbid, dark representation of the evil spirit haunting the land as well as the family. The action sequences were produced well creating a relief from the mediocre dramatic moments that tended to case me to drift off. I found "Ghosts Of Georgia" to be a far better ghost flick it's predecessor and think the film could have gained a better reception from audiences had they not gone with the title. This film had a great set up, acceptable acting, plus all the expected moments of creepy chilling paranormal activity. It isn't going to be a movie that really scares the hell out of anyone over the age of ten but it is a great movie about a haunting. The only downside was the very end after the amped up climax that felt way to hallmark-y, coming off completely cheesy and made for TV. I would tell people to see it and expect a better movie than "The Haunting In Connecticut" or "The Apparition" but don't expect the same amount of fright that you get with "The Amityville Horror" or even "Grave Encounters".
January 30, 2013
Twisted yet beautiful but not really "scary" more disturbing
½ August 13, 2013
Not as good as the first film..
½ July 24, 2014
Thursday, July 24, 2014

(2013) The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Georgia
HORROR/ MYSTERY

Despite the happy ending, I felt the mother of the young girl was too bullheaded and annoying. And the reason is that it had to be a two hour film. The overall movie experience lacked credibility in terms of characters themselves including law enforcement.

It opens with mother, Lisa Wyrick (Abigail Spencer) while lying on her bed getting hallucinations of her mother until her daughter Heidi Wyrick (Emily Alyn Lind) walked in. They then moved into an isolated house with history, bought by her sheriff husband, Andy Wyrick( Chad Michael Murray) from an auction. Oh, yeah, Lisa's also on meds for her hallucinations too, except that her daughter sees some of the same images as her mother. Her mother doesn't believe her, and both of them particularly the daughter are starting to see things her mother denies are never there. It's sort of another 'I see dead people' scenarios except that the characters are not relatable. I mean, if the parents are so worried about the daughter so much , they wouldn't have left her alone on so many occasions which the so-called ghosts only appear when the daughter's alone. If it was my daughter I'd have her sleep in the same room with us, but no.

The movie is supposed to be based on a true story, but the thing is when you watch it, it kind of concocts the storyline since it's supposed to entertain viewers for two solid hours( to be specific 101 minutes). Rotting bodies are discovered, and yet the police or sheriffs of that state limit their findings to just that one area and location without breaking any walls. I actually believed that the Wyrick household helped police locate deteriorated bodies underground, but I don't believe that it would require the Wyrick's help again to find that the wooden two-by-four weak walls to find that their was another room. That's just ridiculous. this movie needs to be more tightened and needed more common sense.

2 out of 4 stars
April 20, 2013
I threw up a little in my mouth watching this lol
½ July 14, 2014
It was so stupid it wasn't that scary
July 13, 2014
"The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Gergia" is a very bland, unoriginal horror movie that does have some moments. Lets start off with the title. "The Haunting in Connecticut 2: Ghosts of Gergia" is the sequel of "The Haunting in Conneticut" directed by Peter Cornwell. Now, even though this is the "sequel" this has nothing to do with the first. But is it the title that mad this film bad? No. It was a very cliche movie with very very bad acting. I really hated the mother and they tried to make her mor likeable at the end but it failed.
½ July 13, 2014
great start and middle. the last thord or so got a little silly.
½ July 10, 2014
This movie was disappointing from the title. It's called haunting in CONNECTICUT!!! Why is it set in Georgia?! The acting is bad the ending is bad the story is bad. The only memorable thing is when the sister is like stitched from the inside!