The Haunting of Helena Reviews

• Aug 18, 2017

I was very impressed by this horror/suspense movie. I would recommend it to any horror/ghost story fan. The twist ending is ingenious and you will never see coming.

• Jun 15, 2015

I won't deny the film has it's chilling moments, and the final twist is actually pretty cool, but The Haunting of Helena is also stuffed with wooden acting, sloppy pacing, and cheesy CGI that completely dissolve the movie's ability to be emotionally engaging.

• Feb 14, 2015

This movie doesn't even deserve half a star. It fails in almost every aspect and doesn't t deliver anything other than boredom and a headache.

• Feb 13, 2015

Thus movie sucks beyond what anything possibly imaginable. Such a waste of time.

• Nov 25, 2014

An interesting theme, but not as scary as I hoped.

An interesting theme, but not as scary as I hoped.

• Aug 13, 2014

Another psycho tooth fairy flick with just a couple of good horror scenes. It was also very hard to believe that the lead was a mother. Loved the faded/sepia toned shots tho.

• Aug 13, 2014

Watching this movie was like pulling teeth. There were so many scenes that served absolutely no purpose, like the beach scene. Many of these pointless clips should have been cut out and replaced with footage that could make the half decent scenes longer than 90 seconds. The mother's actress was not bad at all, but the child was incapable of speaking with any tone. (Unless you would include monotone.) She did nothing with feeling, and she spoke and moved too slowly. This part is not too much of a problem, but I think I would have liked it a little bit better if the mother looked similar to her daughter. The one moment I liked was the scene where the piano in front if the closet had been moved. They ripped off the little twin girls scene from the shining. Just because there is only one creepy little girl instead of two, it doesn't make it original. The actual idea of this movie, the plot and all, is excellent. Very creative idea, but the writers, actors, directors, and everybody else involved in the making of this movie ruined it. You all owe a sincere apology to whomever thought of this wonderful plot, because you took a dump on their movie. I am not easily frightened in the first place, but I still suspect this movie would not scare a fly. (I apologize for being a bit harsh, you see. I just rrrreeaaalllly "disliked" the film is all.)

• Aug 10, 2014

I thought it was mostly okay, until the end, which I didn't hate.

I thought it was mostly okay, until the end, which I didn't hate.

• Jul 19, 2014

Drab and drek are just two words that describe this "horror" film. You can do better in your limited choice of decent horror films.

• Jun 28, 2014

After viewing The Haunting of Helena if you start thinking you've seen this movie before, you have...Darkness Falls which is better in almost every way. The Haunting of Helena has a few scary images but not much more and with the lack of toothfairyish originality doesn't have much going for it.