The Heart of the Game Reviews

• Aug 14, 2014

This is a great documentary to share with any girls basketball team 8th grade and up. A small portion of it contains sections that you will need to prepare your parents and the girls for the adult themes included in it, BUT these are lessons they need to be educated on in order to protect themselves from danger and possible predators.

• May 22, 2013

Full of motivation! Got so pumped up :D

Full of motivation! Got so pumped up :D

• May 21, 2013

I'm not a basketball fan by any means (if the sport doesn't have "foot" in its name, I pass), but this documentary, following a girl's high school basketball team and its coach over seven years, is so well done that I have to rate it one of the better sports documentaries I've seen in a while. What transpires on and off the court (and not just the basketball court) makes for intriguing, engaging high drama, and I defy you not to be rooting for the ladies at the climax of the film. Indeed, at times it seem more like a work of fiction rather than s documentary.

• Nov 10, 2012

this is a great drama movie

this is a great drama movie

• Jul 29, 2012

What an inspiring story that proves you can overcome anything that stands in your way!

• Jun 04, 2012

If you have not seen this film, you should. Inspirational story about believing and overcoming.

• May 25, 2012

great sports documentary

great sports documentary

• Mar 03, 2012

years ago, i watched a doc called "Hoop Dreams". well, this is a female version. i luv these "Rocky" type movies...u know, the Underdog who still wins. great story & its narrated by Luda

• Dec 23, 2011

Some holes and not enough focus make it a lesser Hoop Dreams, but the drama in the story makes up for it.

• Apr 12, 2011

One of the best documentaries I have seen and most likely the best sport one. Much of this was by chance but I really enjoyed this story.