The Heart Specialist - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Heart Specialist Reviews

½ November 10, 2013
Worst film I've seen in a very long time.
May 5, 2013
It was so good I own the movie. If you get a chance to see it take your time it's worth it.
½ January 19, 2013
Like a bad sitcom that even the UPN wouldn't air.
½ January 13, 2013
Pretty good movie, didn't expect it to tank my tear ducts but it was worth my time. Very good movie. Kind of like watching the black version of scrubs.
½ August 8, 2012
Didn't do anything for me and I doubt it will do anything for most people.
½ August 1, 2012
If Tyler Perry decided to make a bad parody of "Grey's Anatomy" meets "Funny People", then you would have "The Heart Specialist". This is a black "dramedy" that I had never heard of, and there is a good reason for that, it isn't good. Wood Harris stars as a Dr. who moonlights as a comedian, trying to bring laughter into people's lives as medicine. Only problem is, he nor the movie, are funny at all. The only laughs come from a female patient who is a little mental. This wants to be something along the line of a Tyler Perry movie, but fails miserably. The characters are all lame and one dimensional, and the story just isn't that good.
June 19, 2012
the heart special list
½ March 24, 2012
I didn't think it was very good, it was sad to see so many talented actors in a subpar film.
½ March 12, 2012
Bad bad movie. Terrible story line and script.
½ February 17, 2012
This movie does have some endearing characters and the cast is great, but the story drags in places. There are also cuts between scenes that make things disjointed and hard to follow. it is an overall good movie with some laughs and some tears, but it could have been better.
January 18, 2012
a lot of funny dialogue
January 4, 2012
surprisingly entertaining, if only for a moment
January 2, 2012
I can definitely see this as a sitcom for real! TV1 or Comedy Central need to hit this up.
December 26, 2011
This flick was not very good. The intermittent stand-up did provide some comic relief as did the revenge humor in the third act. Bless its heart; it wants to be another Foolish, but came up short. To its credit, it was a better way to start off a new year than METRO. My grade: D
December 8, 2011
Got conned into seeing it. TERRIBLE!!! My mom and aunt went to sleep on it.
½ December 2, 2011
I had to convince myself really hard to watch this and if it wasnt for Brian J White body and cuteness i might not make it to the end. Nice to see marla gibbs still doing her thing. Zoe somehow i understand y u made this movie.. its not always about glamour but the message.
½ November 9, 2011
Okay, I always do my best to support african american films. The concept was good.
November 8, 2011
it was all right good mix of actors.
November 7, 2011
Great for free...a lil emotional given my current som...but I enjoyed it.
½ November 7, 2011
Couldn't even make it 20 minutes in. It just seemed boring and uninteresting.