The Heat - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Heat Reviews

December 18, 2016
Amazing film, hilarious and exciting, loved it all the way through the film.
December 9, 2016
There are only two reasons to see The Heat. And they go by the names of Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy.
December 2, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: This is one of those movies where you sit there super-engaged and on the edge of your seat, then you take a moment out and look at yourself. What the heck am I watching? Well, you're actually watching a really great movie unfold, where the action and character-dynamics dwarf many true spy-action thrillers, whilst the sheer hilarity of every situation seems to mock those competitors all at the same time. It's hilarious, but much like Feig's Bridesmaids, it's also a really great story, and that's what engages you in the fist place.
WHAT I DIDNT LIKE: 'Spy' may have just done all that great stuff a teeny bit better...
VERDICT: This movie is hilarious, but like all of Feig and McCarthy's great work, it's got real story too.
November 27, 2016
Classic mismatched buddy-cop chick flick. Good chemistry between the leads keep us engaged even during the too many dull moments. Amazingly McCarthy tones it down ... not that Bullock would have been overshadowed.
½ November 27, 2016
Typical story of a pair of "odd couple" law enforcement officers working together. But the star duo really sell it, and I laughed quite a bit.
½ October 30, 2016
It isn't the breath of fresh air that 'Bridesmaids' was, but it's consistently funny, and its heart is in the right place. Its two leads are very funny and have great chemistry, its supporting cast manages some good contributions, and while the writing is a bit sloppy at times, the direction is sleek and stylish.
½ October 27, 2016
Bullock and McCarthy are absolutely hilarious together in this buddy cop movie. Their contrasting personalities blossom into a weird yet endearing friendship. The world only benefit from another Bullock and McCarthy team up.
October 22, 2016
The fact that this film is not certified fresh and the terrible Ghostbusters was, goes to show you that critics don't have better taste than anyone else does. This film is genuinely funny with wonderful dialogue, fires on all cylinders from beginning to end, and is a comedic highlight in both of these actors' careers.
October 21, 2016
This is one of my favourite comedies of all time
October 9, 2016
Mellisa McCarthys best movie yet
½ October 8, 2016
Chicks with guns, don't mess with them
September 9, 2016
Overall a light-hearted entertainer. Has a few good funny moments and is good for evening in to chill and not worry too much about the plot
½ September 8, 2016
really original and funny
½ September 4, 2016
Formulaic and unoriginal but funny nevertheless.
September 4, 2016
The Heat is neither funny or interesting in any senses.
September 2, 2016
one of those one-view movies that you otherwise use as background noise for your cats so they dont feel lonely when you're at work.
August 20, 2016
I was expecting this McCarthy-Bullock flick to be a raunchy farce, but it's actually a pretty solid buddy-cop movie about friendship, ethics, and redemption.
August 17, 2016
It was good by the way the movie is the heat
August 17, 2016
This one ended up becoming the movie "The Heat"

I own this on DVD and Blu-Ray