The Heat - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Heat Reviews

July 10, 2016
An odd couple cop movie, with two able comic actresses in the lead roles. It's
strange to see this 2013 movie in 2016, when its pro-police brutality stance makes the viewer uneasy. Bullock is in favor of going by the book, and McCarthy, who grew up in the neighborhood she is policing, is pragmatic, profane, and violent. If you ignore some of the undercurrents, the movie can be enjoyed on a superficial basis, even boasting a cat subplot. Nice cameos by Demian Bichir and Jane Curtin and the Boston background is a character by itself. Easy targets, like lame lechers in bars, crooked cops, stale sandwiches and women's pantsuits are lampooned. The refrigerator is full of guns, and the bad guys practically wear black hats. Good if you're not in the mood for anything deep and want a few laughs.
½ July 8, 2016
Very funny and pretty good movie!!!
June 17, 2016
Hilarious police comedy, which was far more entertaining than I expected. There may have been a few too many F Bombs but overall this film is a great comedy ! 3 Stars
June 9, 2016
It's funny and entertaining...but that's about it. Nothing special.
June 8, 2016
Funny in loud moments with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy playing off each other very well and pretty much making this the unofficial Miss Congeniality 3 without the pageant.
½ June 1, 2016
Featuring hilarious and heartfelt interplay between Melissa McCarthy and Sandra Bullock, The Heat is a hardheaded tribute to buddy cop comedies that adds in something different courtesy of an empowering distaff statement.
May 18, 2016
Earlier this week I wrote about Hot Fuzz (2007) and how I said it was one of the best cop film I've seen in a while however though Hot Fuzz (2007) was amazing I liked The Heat just a little better. To me The Heat is proof that when you put Paul Feig and Melissa McCarthy together you always get a great film. Sandra Bullock shocked me in this film due to the fact that in recent years she's done mostly dramatic films such as Crash (2005), The Blind Side (2009), and Gravity (2013) however in this film she's actually hilarious. What makes The Heat so funny is the obsessive amount of profanity in the film, and how the characters in this film are another thing that make the film hysterical. The Heat is such an underrated movie I have no idea why it has only a 65% on here because if you ask me it deserves a much better rating than that, If you want a hilarious action comedy than I recommend you watch The Heat.
May 12, 2016
Pretty giggle-worthy
May 10, 2016
The Heat
Sandra Bullock plus Melissa McCarthy is a great combination for a 'hot' buddy cop movie
½ May 1, 2016
The Heat 2013

I liked the music choices and the writing because writing is pretty well done.

I liked the opening introduction for both characters.

I was surprised to see the actor who played Biff, Griff, from Back to the Future Trilogy and also seeing a regular guest star from the Big Bang Theory in this film.

I think this film has a lot of hilarious moments I just wish that it had less swearing and inappropriate sexual content.

Some of the interrogation scenes I enjoyed. I liked the first interrogation with Sandra Bulluack's character with Millisa MaCarthy which I found hilarious.

There were a few scenes I did not enjoy or did not get because I think there were missing something in order to better understand the scene. Like the club scene at first I was not exactly sure what was going on as far as why or what Sandra Ballack was doing dressed the way she was or what she doing till very late in the scene.

Another one was my Mellisa MaCathy's father had Jesus doing sports activities like baseball, basketball and hockey and what the significance was of that.
April 28, 2016
A very "just ok" film with a handful of nice moments
½ April 27, 2016
Melissa McCarthy is playing a character so vulgar that I wasn't able to finish the movie, it was too painful to keep watching... Way below that actress, who possesses such a great distance to herself! Sandra Bullock's performance was average.
April 20, 2016
I love the special feature of the footage they used to get a montage for the bar scene.
April 10, 2016
McCarthy is hilarious ad makes this long comedy movie worth watching, the chemistry between the two is so good and so funny.
April 7, 2016
An outrageous entertaining comedy. Both Melissa and Sandra produced great scenes which were both hilarious and entertaining. At first, it did look like one of those films that wasn't going to be very funny and good, but it certainly wasn't. A brilliant return from the director of Bridesmaids and I look forward to more!
April 6, 2016
Because sometimes McCarthy comes off a bit forced.
April 1, 2016
Gender bending comedy, which relies entirely on this premise to be funny, but fails to be.
March 31, 2016
Funny but not that funny.
Positives: Melissa McCarthy and Sandra Bullock
Negatives: Not enough funny moments, there were times when the movie seemed stuck in its own plot,
March 31, 2016
Better than decent at the begging but quickly runs out of steam
March 23, 2016
Paul Feig's The Heat is a great movie that's not quite as highly positive as Bridesmaids. Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy are really great and hilarious together that I really did not expect to see them in a movie. The script is good and has a lot of good jokes to keep the viewers entertained and laughing a lot. The plot is a bit predictable and has been done before in many buddy cop films. The chemistry between the two main characters is really great and they give it a spark to the film. When it comes to the reveal of the main villain, some people would be shocked, and some people would not be surprised by it because that's the type of character that some people might find obvious. The development of the villain is a bit vague that really makes the character unmemorable and made me rather see more of the hilarious interplay between Sandra and Melissa. In the end, The Heat is an enjoyable time that shows that Melissa McCarthy can still be funny given with the right script and that it doesn't make fun of her weight.