The Heat - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Heat Reviews

August 16, 2016
A fun entertaining buddy cop comedy for what it is, but some of the characters feel too over the top or cartoony and sometimes the plot takes itself too seriously for its own good.
½ August 14, 2016
Not my type of comedy, but good for the genre
August 13, 2016
Stupid. It's watchable tho and you'll get a few laughs.
August 8, 2016
I don't get why any one would think that this is a good movie. The jokes are just not funny, like Melissa McCarthy, in every one of her movies. This is just another boring try-hard 'comedy' that makes me question my place on this Earth.
August 2, 2016
Melisa McCarthy and Sandra Bullock make an interesting team, although they're not always that funny. The dialogue is so raw with foul language that it left my ears burning, which may be the reason why it's called "The Heat". Not as good as "Spy", which my favorite McCarthy film.
July 30, 2016
One of my favorite movies. I use lines from this movie all the time. Are you, or are you not a narc!?
July 25, 2016
I Think I Accidentally Saw Dirty Version of this movie.

Score: 3.5/10
July 24, 2016
Perfect pairing between McCarthy and Bullock. So many hysterical scenes! Can watch again and again!
July 15, 2016
this movie made me laugh so hard i couldn't stop it was total powerful classical movie since 2013 i got it on dvd
July 14, 2016
Watched on TV, missed some stuff before I got to it. It is, quite simply, a very funny film, but nothing special.

The protagonists have good chemistry, and Sandra is lovely, but Melissa truly delivers the humor. I think I'd easily give it a 5/10 if she wasn't around, or someone else who'd fit the action and lines.

All in all, nice story, funny script, and Melissa.
½ July 12, 2016
an odd couple must team up too take down a drug lord
½ July 12, 2016
Unfunny film, with lame gags, bad screenplay with an overabundance of obscenities which is supposed to pass for wit, poor character development with a 'buddy connection' that fails to convince, and a weak plot.

If you want to watch two middle-aged women - one foul mouthed fat bird, and one gentile skinny one - with little to no chemistry or likeability, then this is for you. I'm puzzled by how this scored above average with both critics and audiences on here. And I feel sorry for Thomas F. Wilson whose cameo is the best thing about this mess of a movie.

And someone somewhere actually said that this travesty is better than 'Hot Fuzz'. They were clearly having a laugh!
July 10, 2016
An odd couple cop movie, with two able comic actresses in the lead roles. It's
strange to see this 2013 movie in 2016, when its pro-police brutality stance makes the viewer uneasy. Bullock is in favor of going by the book, and McCarthy, who grew up in the neighborhood she is policing, is pragmatic, profane, and violent. If you ignore some of the undercurrents, the movie can be enjoyed on a superficial basis, even boasting a cat subplot. Nice cameos by Demian Bichir and Jane Curtin and the Boston background is a character by itself. Easy targets, like lame lechers in bars, crooked cops, stale sandwiches and women's pantsuits are lampooned. The refrigerator is full of guns, and the bad guys practically wear black hats. Good if you're not in the mood for anything deep and want a few laughs.
½ July 8, 2016
Very funny and pretty good movie!!!
June 17, 2016
Hilarious police comedy, which was far more entertaining than I expected. There may have been a few too many F Bombs but overall this film is a great comedy ! 3 Stars
June 9, 2016
It's funny and entertaining...but that's about it. Nothing special.
June 8, 2016
Funny in loud moments with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy playing off each other very well and pretty much making this the unofficial Miss Congeniality 3 without the pageant.
½ June 1, 2016
Featuring hilarious and heartfelt interplay between Melissa McCarthy and Sandra Bullock, The Heat is a hardheaded tribute to buddy cop comedies that adds in something different courtesy of an empowering distaff statement.
May 18, 2016
Earlier this week I wrote about Hot Fuzz (2007) and how I said it was one of the best cop film I've seen in a while however though Hot Fuzz (2007) was amazing I liked The Heat just a little better. To me The Heat is proof that when you put Paul Feig and Melissa McCarthy together you always get a great film. Sandra Bullock shocked me in this film due to the fact that in recent years she's done mostly dramatic films such as Crash (2005), The Blind Side (2009), and Gravity (2013) however in this film she's actually hilarious. What makes The Heat so funny is the obsessive amount of profanity in the film, and how the characters in this film are another thing that make the film hysterical. The Heat is such an underrated movie I have no idea why it has only a 65% on here because if you ask me it deserves a much better rating than that, If you want a hilarious action comedy than I recommend you watch The Heat.
May 12, 2016