The History of Mr. Polly Reviews

• Feb 02, 2013

Good if you like the general story and Lee Evans, however this offering falls far short of the original with John Mills. Lee Evans has IMO has tried to stretch his abilities a bit further than he should of at this time time around but hey if Jim carrey and robin williams can get there, there's hope for him yet.

• Dec 06, 2011

I thought it was a good for a TV movie, Lee Evans played a great Mr Polly and I would love it on DVD, it starred Roger Lloyd Pack (Trigger from Only Fools and Horses) it's a great film I loved it

• Dec 14, 2010

Nice story, poor film.

Nice story, poor film.

• Mar 12, 2010

A pleasent and fairly enjoyable adaptation to pass the time on a dreary afternoon. Lee Evans is actually better at the emotional stuff than the light bufoonery, which gets old quick. Still, it was pretty faithful and Julie Graham is b-e-a-utiful.

• Oct 05, 2009

Highly enjoyable and pretty true to the original film. Evans is perfect as the strange Polly, especially in the frantic arson scene!

• Sep 10, 2008

Its interesting to see comedian Lee Evans in a non-comedy genre, just him purely without the gags. Set in the 1910s a film like this wouldnt usually be my cup-of-tea, but with Mr. Evans, he made it better to see. Come to think of it there is a slight humor.. It gets you intouch with how tough it was for the character and theres a good plot and a clear moral to 'The History of Mr Polly'.

• Sep 01, 2008

not a bad drama.lee evans plays a quirky character and does it well. the other actors are good too, its an interesting tale of a man who is pushed around and driven to suicide, quite funny in parts. worth seeing.