The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Reviews

January 15, 2017
It's still unnecessarily long and muddled, but the Desolation of Smaug improves upon the first installment by featuring more excitement and forward momentum.
½ January 15, 2017
Nota: 7.4/10 - 3.7/5
January 9, 2017
better than the first but the last half hour or so with the dragon i didnt care for i know its part of the book and all. they should really do more with gandolf.
January 7, 2017
Better than the first entry, as it focuses more on epic battle scenes rather than time-stuffing talking bits that did nothing to distract from the unnecessarily long running time like the previous one did.
½ January 6, 2017
The best installment in "The Hobbit" trilogy, and the most reminiscent of the powerful epic that was "The Lord of the Rings."
½ January 4, 2017
Very entertaining. Brings me back to the old cartoon from my youth.
½ December 29, 2016
another enjoyable episode of middle earth. highlight of this one had to be legolas.
December 23, 2016
Loved it but it was very loooooooonng! Emma 10/10. Lucy 8/10.
December 18, 2016
good but got bored halfway through
December 15, 2016
Entertaining film and the interaction with Smaug was fantastic.
December 15, 2016
mesmo não se igualando a trilogia original, The Desolation of Smaug tem em destaque ser melhor que o antecessor e dá uma boa continuidade a trilogia The Hobbit.
½ December 15, 2016
Perhaps the best movie in the series mainly thanks to Cumberbatch's performance as Smaug.
½ December 8, 2016
Peter Jackson's The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is a really great movie that is an improvement of An Unexpected Journey. The acting is still terrific as always, and the battle scenes are very enjoyable to watch. The new characters are memorable, especially Luke Evan's character or Smaug himself. The design of Smaug looks fantastic, and Benedict Cumberbatch gives out his A game performance that people are going to remember him for this. The effects are really good, and the film is not as much of a drag as An Unexpected Journey, although there were some scenes that drag for a bit. The love triangle wasn't really needed, but the film doesn't focus on it a lot. The score by Howard Shore is really catchy, and the barrel chase scene is one of the best parts of the film as the action is really great and is just everywhere which I'm ok with. It begins very well, and it ends on a great cliffhanger that got me excited to see the sequel. Even though The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug feels like a middle movie, it's a great enough middle film that I didn't care about it.
½ December 7, 2016
Smaug made the movie and the action sequences were fantastic.
½ November 26, 2016
Smaug the Dragon's depiction in this movie has to be one of my favorite villains in some time, Benedict Cumberbatch nailed it. The movie moves at a surprisingly brisk pace and has a lot of tension, making it the strongest of The Hobbit films.
½ November 25, 2016
Great film. I thoroughly enjoy the storyline and the acting. I was amazed by the CG. Its so clear, crisp and realistic. Incredible in 3D. I found myself caught up in tbe beauty of it all. You know going into it that its a long movie but I never thought about it once it started.
November 21, 2016
This is how you present a Dragon in a movie hollywood, larger than life.
½ November 13, 2016
Decent action adventure
November 11, 2016
The cartoon version is still better, but this wasn't terrible. There're even more well-cast characters to enjoy. & I really liked all the character interaction.
½ November 10, 2016
Better than the previous one