The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Reviews

December 15, 2016
Entertaining film and the interaction with Smaug was fantastic.
December 15, 2016
mesmo não se igualando a trilogia original, The Desolation of Smaug tem em destaque ser melhor que o antecessor e dá uma boa continuidade a trilogia The Hobbit.
½ December 15, 2016
Perhaps the best movie in the series mainly thanks to Cumberbatch's performance as Smaug.
½ December 8, 2016
Peter Jackson's The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is a really great movie that is an improvement of An Unexpected Journey. The acting is still terrific as always, and the battle scenes are very enjoyable to watch. The new characters are memorable, especially Luke Evan's character or Smaug himself. The design of Smaug looks fantastic, and Benedict Cumberbatch gives out his A game performance that people are going to remember him for this. The effects are really good, and the film is not as much of a drag as An Unexpected Journey, although there were some scenes that drag for a bit. The love triangle wasn't really needed, but the film doesn't focus on it a lot. The score by Howard Shore is really catchy, and the barrel chase scene is one of the best parts of the film as the action is really great and is just everywhere which I'm ok with. It begins very well, and it ends on a great cliffhanger that got me excited to see the sequel. Even though The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug feels like a middle movie, it's a great enough middle film that I didn't care about it.
½ December 7, 2016
Smaug made the movie and the action sequences were fantastic.
½ November 26, 2016
Smaug the Dragon's depiction in this movie has to be one of my favorite villains in some time, Benedict Cumberbatch nailed it. The movie moves at a surprisingly brisk pace and has a lot of tension, making it the strongest of The Hobbit films.
½ November 25, 2016
Great film. I thoroughly enjoy the storyline and the acting. I was amazed by the CG. Its so clear, crisp and realistic. Incredible in 3D. I found myself caught up in tbe beauty of it all. You know going into it that its a long movie but I never thought about it once it started.
November 21, 2016
This is how you present a Dragon in a movie hollywood, larger than life.
½ November 13, 2016
Decent action adventure
November 11, 2016
The cartoon version is still better, but this wasn't terrible. There're even more well-cast characters to enjoy. & I really liked all the character interaction.
½ November 10, 2016
Better than the previous one
½ November 10, 2016
The best of the Hobbit trilogy. All the action and tension builds up to the climatic reveal of Smaug the Magnificent
November 6, 2016
84%
It's just as structurally uneven as the first film, but the the focus and better and Jackson's respectful direction is amiable.

V: 75%
November 6, 2016
A step above the first. Great sequences, but man are they milking it. Smaug is great.
½ October 11, 2016
Out of Peter Jackson's 'Hobbit' trilogy, this one comes out on top for me, and - while having some minor flaws - is a massive step up from its predecessor. A-
½ October 1, 2016
This is a step up. And i find worthy of book and even expanding it. And expansion isn't thought out by Jackson and crew but Tolkien himself.
September 27, 2016
Back to Lord of the Rings for sure. The first Hobbit movie fell short a little but this a back to form for Peter Jackson for sure
September 22, 2016
In many ways this feels like a long television episode given it's the middle film in the series, and if you've invested time in the first part you're going to watch this anyway however invigorating the story is. It remains true to the style of the other films, but only gets interesting when the Dragon appears in the last hour of this movie.
½ September 9, 2016
The second entry in the Hobbit trilogy is where things get really lost. The faithfulness to the story gets pushed aside and the story starts to become un-followable, even if still entertaining. This one is darker, perhaps a bit too much so. The best part is ultimately the best act, which may or may not be worth the sit-through.
August 28, 2016
Now that's a bit more like it.