The Holding - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Holding Reviews

½ June 26, 2016
Pretty Fierce Drama With An Isolated Location Adding To An Epic Fear Factor Here. Some Good Performances & Well Matched DP On The Picturesque Surrounds Make This One An Underated Horror-Thriller Gem.
December 7, 2013
Beautifully shot- director certainly knows what she's doing!
July 7, 2013
an intense, heart pounding, British thriller with an ending you won't see coming! I LOVE this movie. Kierston Wareing is incredible! X
December 10, 2012
ok thriller...nothing great but watchable...
½ August 12, 2012
A gorier and more violent version of Emmerdale. I think it got a bit confused with what storyline it wanted to go with and I'm surprised how well one character took it when someone tried to bury them alive, but apart from that it's fairly tense and enjoyable.
May 21, 2012
ok thriller...nothing great but watchable...
May 15, 2012
Very tense thriller set in the very green english country, a small stone village, a lot of cows... a woman living alone in her farm with two daughters, with a secret past, all you need to create something good.
February 15, 2012
Large-lipped farmer's wife demonstrates poor track record in health and safety for farmhands.
January 14, 2012
Get past first 10-15 minute and it's ok I suppose. Kierston Wareing is hot but if that's what your gonna watch this for, maybe wouldn't bother! Wife loved it!
½ December 7, 2011
Enjoyed this film as always on edge in sense fuck whats gonna happen next. Always good to have a wee psychotic movie every now and then.
November 26, 2011
A beautfuly shot rustic countyside isn't enough to save this story from itself.
½ October 16, 2011
"Hardly worthy of being called a suspense-thriller." Much to my disappointment, as the trailer portraid quite an intriguing story, I was left rolling my eyes and stopping the film, midway. Thumbs down.
½ October 13, 2011
the story was good but they made it messy for the film. nothing special.
October 5, 2011
Wasn't very suspenseful or scary.
½ September 18, 2011
I've-seen-this-umpteen-times-already feel.. Just want to kill time, sure go for it, but no expectations, none, period.
½ September 15, 2011
Melodramatic toss, the type of average psycho/drama you might get on ITV at 9pm.
½ August 15, 2011
Cassie and her two daughters live on a farm, struggling to make a living. Everything changes when Aden turns up out of the blue, a friend of their father. But what really happened to him, and are Adenā(TM)s intentions quite so altruistic as they appear? Susan Jacobsonā(TM)s Brit thriller starts slowly but ramps up the tension once Aden takes charge. Some of the plotting requires a suspension of disbelief (Cassie seems far too trusting for starters) and thereā(TM)s few surprises, but itā(TM)s a reasonable effort.