The Holiday - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Holiday Reviews

December 5, 2016
Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jude Law and Jack Black are amazing together!
December 4, 2016
Finally watched this one the whole way through. Although Cameron Diaz's acting was pretty crappy at times, the movie itself wasn't - I thought it was a fun idea for a story, and I enjoyed seeing it all play out.
September 25, 2016
Amazing romance movie with an incredible cast. Have seen it multiple times, each time it is even better!
½ September 20, 2016
Cameron Diaz ruins an otherwise lovely story.
August 16, 2016
Just recently saw this again on free to air TV. Always a great watch with Hans Zimmer's beautiful score adding to it's magic.
July 28, 2016
I really enjoyed this movie
July 27, 2016
I love this movie it's obviously not winning any oscars but it's still fun to watch
½ July 19, 2016
The stakes could not humanly be lower: Will these two beautiful privileged white gals find romance? If there were one shred of suspense maybe I would care, but there wasn't so I didn't. In fact, I found myself laughing at how unrealistic certain scenes were.
½ July 2, 2016
I like how this story works out...
June 12, 2016
I was pleasantly surprised by this lighthearted Film I thought the characters all had chemistry! I disagree Kate and Jack Black were great together. A woman appreciate great humor in a man! And Eli Wallace's last movie he was so touching. I like the reminiscent of what it was like in old Hollywood!
June 12, 2016
Watched 10 min, looked promising to me but "too British" for hubby.
½ May 29, 2016
A fairly entertaining, low-brow, rom-com set in the UK and America with an all-star cast. Easy watching.
½ May 14, 2016
Cute film with some sweet moments, but it fails to bring anything new to the table in the "chick-flick" genre.
April 25, 2016
you are not looking for it, until it find you.
½ April 24, 2016
Utterly flimsy, fluffy, and so damn generic. It is an ultimate white people movie in which 4 attractive white people try to deal with their personal issues, and finding love again through the most unbelievably contrived plot. Nancy Meyers has done some great work in the past as a writer, but when it comes to directing her own films, she's not exactly a good one. The cast is damn likable, it has above-average production values, and there are some really funny moments. But in the end, nothing in The Holiday stays with you and it's a damn shame.
April 22, 2016
This is a quite cute movie, with some funny moment and some reflective one. Unfortunately, the dialogues are quite trivial and the acting quality doesn't always shine through the movie.
The plot and the story is nice and ironic, even though there are some absurdities that make it less realistic.
Anyway, a classical romantic comedy with an obvious "feel-good" goal.
April 14, 2016
It's my favorite movie to watch in December
March 27, 2016
Great soundtrack and Cameron Diaz is very sweet, but it was just too gooey and contrived for my liking.
February 23, 2016
love it will watch it over and over
February 20, 2016
Good: Most believable children/family relationship in any film I've ever seen with Jude Law and his on screen children.

Bad: Everything else.