The Hollow Point Reviews

• 3d ago

The plot is all over the place with no direction

The plot is all over the place with no direction

• Jun 09, 2019

A fairly original plot with a few scenes that do an OK job of being tense is the basis for my rating.

• Nov 04, 2018

Grim and dark. Goes in direction not expected. Much more methodical than trailer makes it seem. Fun characters and colorful dialog.

• Oct 27, 2018

The plot is all over the place and too complicated without ever following a clear direction and the acting wasn't good especially from Patrick Wilson whom I admire.

• Oct 01, 2018

The hollow point features a great cast some good cinematography but the directing falls flat. The pacing is pretty poor and the movie veers all over the place. Characterization is not very good and the movie just isn’t very memorable with any surprises. I think a more experienced director should’ve taken on this work.

• Sep 23, 2018

I had such high hopes for this, noting the cast...but despite great photography and solid acting, the story veers into the ridiculous and unbelievable--no spoiler--but credibility is strained to the breaking point before the halfway point. Too bad, it had possibilities.

• Jul 03, 2018

Nice concept and story not too bad. Acting was pretty good. Major flaw is the butcher being some T1000 Terminator, completely unrealistic and that's where is falls apart, there was several chances to easily kill the "butcher" but there was too much playing around. Like the scene where both deputies rammed his car at both sides and opened fire (No way in hell should he have lived that not a chance). Would be much more believable if he was a hard target to find and the deputies where trying to track him down and prevent anyone else being killed by the list. Either way it was more a fail on the writers and directors.

• Jan 17, 2018

The writer and director of this film definitely are big fans of "No Country for Old Men". I watched it because I like Ian McShane. It gets pretty violent at times. There is just not much here. It has a decent cast for a pretty low budget movie. But the movie is just average to below average at best.

• Sep 05, 2017

too complicated for me to follow

too complicated for me to follow

• Aug 16, 2017

smart nu-western. seriously good!

smart nu-western. seriously good!