The Hound of the Baskervilles Reviews

• Jan 30, 2017

This is the worst movie ever made. It is the only one I have ever walked out of in a theatre. 0 stars.

• Jun 14, 2016

While it is not what one would expect from such great comedians as Peter Cook and Dudley Moore, it is also not quite so bad as others make it out to be either. There are definitely funny parts, and witty dialogue, although there are also parts that make me shake my head and go "Was that really neccessary?" Or "Well that was over the top." It could have been a better written, considering the writers, but I did find it amusing enough that I rewatch it occassionally. So all in all is it a bad movie? Not entirely. Is it worth watching? If you like campy spoof type movies, then yes.

• Aug 03, 2013

Not as good as Bedazzled or The Wrong Box (a personal favorite of mine based on a book Robert Louis Stevenson wrote with his stepson), but I still found it funny and amusing. Peter Cook and Dudley Moore should have made more movies!

• Aug 03, 2011

Dudley moore is so funny

Dudley moore is so funny

• Nov 28, 2010

Really clever and really funny. Sherlock Holmes meets the Goon Show meets Monty Python meets Airplane. I laughed long and hard. Lots of great one-liners.

• Sep 29, 2010

A great, suspensful and stylish Sherlock Holmes Movie

A great, suspensful and stylish Sherlock Holmes Movie

• Sep 02, 2009

A lot of people look on this scornfully, but they can just bugger off! This is GREAT!!!

• Feb 21, 2009

Very humorous pastiche. Cook and Moore are on top form, but it's dear Kenneth who steals the show!

• Jan 09, 2009

This was disappointing. Written by and starring Peter Cook and Dudley Moore, but it just falls flat. It all feels like Monty Python, except decidedly non-funny. Although, I must say the scene where Cook explains to the one-legged runner why he can't be hired is absolutely classic, and more than Python-worthy. But the rest is just simply "smile mildly" funny...

• Jan 01, 2009

For some reason (before I noticed this was the Moore and Cook version) I thought this was going to be a thriller ala Sleepy Hollow. It was in fact hilarious!