The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 Reviews

• Apr 11, 2021

This third installment of this exciting journey, while still being very thrilling throughout, is more of a large setup for the grand finale of the story. The performances of each actor is to be praised just like both previous installments. The same should go for the crew behind the cameras, as this series has never failed on script, cinematography, or cast talent. The only downside is the ending of the film feels unfinished because its only part one, but rating it as a singular film it has to have some decrease in rating for the lack of finalization on its singular story part.

• Feb 28, 2021

A shortage of action and a slower pace detracts from the overall entertainment value, but Mockingjay Part 1 still is a superbly crafted film, with strong thematic depth and phenomenal performances from an excellent cast.

• Jan 28, 2021

Mocking jay is without a doubt the weakest in the franchise so far, however there were some memorable moments that makes Mockingjay worthy of its name. They definitely saved all the good stuff from the book for the final chapter in the franchise.

• Jan 26, 2021

Does not continue the story well enough, seems like just a filler.

Does not continue the story well enough, seems like just a filler.

• Dec 05, 2020

I don't care what anyone says. This movie is great in so many ways, which is shocking since the actual book wasn't that good but the movie manages to stay loyal to the book whilst also being a great movie, even if it's only part 1. Every actor gives 10/10 performance, including the casting for Coin, the sets for district 13 and 8 are fabulous, I loved seeing the rebels in district 4 and 7 as well as the added scene with Snow talking to all of Panem. It makes for an intense , suspenseful political thriller that allows the viewer to take in what happens by not moving too fast. The Hanging Tree sequence is probably my favorite in the franchise, the score is remarkable and the action that is around is great. It's not perfect as it does have to adapt from a book that is just good and splitting it into two parts was a bad idea with not much action in th book but it's still a great movie.

• Nov 04, 2020

Beautiful woman, good acting, amazing scenery, interesting storyline. Give it a watch.

• Oct 27, 2020

Pretty solid, although admittedly boring and kind of convoluted at times (the book was too though imo). Pros: Acting is incredible once again, although not as good as catching fire. Alot of suspense in this film, which was executed really well imo. Peeta's downfall is interesting, but sad. The romantic choices with Katniss is put on full display. Cons: Poor worldbuilding imo, non-compelling new characters, Very little action ... I'm pretty sure katniss used her bow once lol. bleak color palet. Overall, I liked this movie. but it has flaws.

• Oct 26, 2020

Part 1 of Mockingjay is a complete political thriller with a heavy dose of propaganda. Coming off the action packed Catching Fire, most would think the story would escalate faster. Here the story slows down to focus on the human elements of our characters and how corruption in government can change the world. Our cast continues to deliver great performances and the new additions add a mix of mystery to the unfolding plot. This film could have used a bit more action as it drags in some spots, but luckily it’s with characters we all care to see to the end of this franchise.

• Oct 14, 2020

Por mais que o filme tenha me prendido, sinto que poderia haver algo a mais. Como citei na review anterior, havia um bom background para estabelecer o universo - e assim: os personagens; mas o desenvolvimento aqui me pareceu nulo. É como se os personagens apenas fossem pra frente. O relacionamento entre Peeta e Katness é um exemplo de quão forçado algo pode vir a ser sem devida atenção. Há alguns elementos que são tirados por pura conveniência e isso passou a me incomodar bastante, que me faz deixar a suspensão da descrença de lado, o que deslegitimiza todo o filme - mas não, isso não aconteceu ainda. No quesito entretenimento, acredito que o filme cumpre o seu propósito: passa o tempo. Mas só fica nisso mesmo. Audio: English, with portuguese subtitles. J4300 32' TV Speakers Quality: 720p SDR [Bluray]

• Sep 22, 2020