The Hunt Reviews

• Apr 05, 2013

Way too much investment for too little payoff. This is the cinematic equivalent of a homespun, UFO conspiracists here's-the-proof-aliens-exist website.

• Jan 23, 2013

The Hunt is not a great independent film but it looks like the cast had fun making it. I guess if anything the film offers up the question, when does playing pretend become a reality? I do like what the filmmakers were trying to do but it all falls apart. A huge problem is the recurring Noris mythology which is boring to listen to, especially when the character telling it is playing pretend. I'm guessing that story is important because it mimics what happens at the end of the film. I will give the film an "A" for effort and the cast of enthusiastic actors. It's not easy to make a film, let alone one with any real value...at least these guys gave it their best try.

• Dec 11, 2012

• Jun 10, 2012

A somewhat promising found-footage premise turns into a total yawn-fest as The Hunt devolves into an overly chatty piece of horror crap. The Hunt follows two men and one of their stepsons as they attempt to film a bow-hunting video to sell through Wal-Mart chains--how appropriate! A pseudo-found-footage film akin to The Fourth Kind mixes POV camerawork together with more traditional filmmaking--it sort of explains the mixed aesthetic at the end. As the trio encounter bizarre phenomena, we mainly just want them to die because that would at least be something interesting. The film has a few creepy moments, but overall it suffers from a terrible script with nowhere near enough action or horror.

• Apr 10, 2012

it kept my attention, wasn't outstanding, but a curveball thrown at the end. not to bad for what seems to be a B movie

• Oct 05, 2011

It's baffling how long this ''real footage'' trend has been going. This one was a real snoozefest.

• Jul 20, 2011

Kudos for the attempt to do something a bit different with the found footage, even if there's no real scares to be had, and the film feels padded out even at only 90 mins.

• Jun 12, 2011

meh it was ok but cliff de young was awesome in it

meh it was ok but cliff de young was awesome in it

• Sherry . Super Reviewer
    Sep 03, 2008

Theres a twist in this movie thats very suprising..

Theres a twist in this movie thats very suprising..

• Sep 03, 2008