The Hunter's Prayer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Hunter's Prayer Reviews

½ October 26, 2017
Yikes, potential unrealized
October 24, 2017
We've all seen movies full of outstanding actors who nevertheless fail to save a movie plagued with lousy writing. This movie is an example of the opposite. As bad, as illogical, as implausible as so many elements of this movie are, the performances delivered by Sam Worthington, Odeya Rush, Allan Leech (Downton Abbey), somehow manage to engage us. The shoot-em-up and chase scenes are also very well executed. Again, I usually shut off a movie with so many glaring flaws, but the rest of it kept me holding on to the end.
October 23, 2017
Not great but not too bad either. The Hunter?s Prayer isn?t the brightest action thriller out there right now but Sam Worthington?s acting makes it worth watching.
½ August 23, 2017
The movie plays out like Luc Besson's Leon: The Professional if it was produces by The Lifetime Network and they removed all the cool parts and replaced them with a whole heaping of cheese, melodrama, and subplots that go absolutely nowhere.
August 23, 2017
Got bored. Didn't finish it.
½ August 19, 2017
Average by-the-numbers b-action movie. Standard plot, standard performances, standard action. The gimmick of him being a junkie was kinda unique I guess...
½ August 12, 2017
This was ur average movie w/ a good cast. Don?t think I?d watch it again. Not worth remembering or recommending. Not the worst movie but not the best. Definitely a mediocre movie.
June 13, 2017
lots of action loved it
June 10, 2017
Best movie I've seen in a while! The Hunter's Prayer was absolutely a fresh take on a classic idea, and I would highly recommend it!
May 29, 2017
A terribly predictable and cliched film if ever there was one. Take a slice of every Leon type movie of lone hitman protecting orphaned teenager, add in some appalling dialogue, terrible 'British' accents, minimal back story, plot holes and a dire, 'broody yet heartwarming' hitman and you have this film. Not a single plot twist or talking point throughout the movie. The 'bad guy' hitmen spray 100s of rounds of machine gun metal and don't hit a single person (lots of glass being smashed, of course). Even the end was so incredibly predictable it didn't even TRY to make you think it was something a bit different. One for those not wishing to exhaust any brain cells on a Sunday afternoon.
May 27, 2017
Not as much action as I would like, the story was a little confusing but pretty interesting when it made sense.
May 27, 2017
pretty okay action movie
May 23, 2017
Nothing particularly special.
May 16, 2017
Not Jason Bourne but still a good action film. Sam Worthington is strong. Acting is good and production value was on the screen. 2 1/2 stars.
May 10, 2017
A bit of a slog.

The story has been done loads of times and it offers up nothing refreshing or original.

Some of the action is decent and I did like the cafe scene which really did give me a jump.
May 6, 2017
Hunter's Prayer probeert het traditionele actie genre om te toveren in een melo-dramatisch verhaal over verlies en verslaving, maar slaat de plank goed mis door toch te kiezen voor simpel schiet en vecht werk om alles makkelijker na het einde te brengen.