The Ice Rink Reviews

• Jun 10, 2012

Bruce Campbell in a French movie, what more can you ask for?

Bruce Campbell in a French movie, what more can you ask for?

• Oct 29, 2009

Okay, let's face facts here, if you don't NORMALLY watch French films and you're only renting this because you're a Bruce Campbell fan, you're going to hate THE ICE RINK. Fortunately for me (although I did rent this because of Campbell) I've logged many hours watching all types of foreign films so the fact that his screen time is limited didn't completely ruin film for me. (He does have a great entrance though--they can't get the door of his car open, so they have to drag him out the window which only opens halfway.) This isn't a romantic comedy, as someone else pointed out, it's a film about making a film, and while it isn't as outrageouly hilarious as another French film on the same subject called LET'S MAKE A DIRTY MOVIE, THE ICE RINK still made me laugh out loud several times and that's good enough for me.