The Incredible Burt Wonderstone - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Incredible Burt Wonderstone Reviews

½ September 11, 2015
Just watch it, it has funny, sweet, magic and illusion all in one.
½ August 23, 2015
Don Scardino dirige "Burt Wonderstone", la historia de dos amigos de infancia que se convierten en un par de extravagantes magos multimillonarios en Las Vegas al estilo de Sigfried & Roy y David Copperfield. Todo va bien hasta que aparece Steve Gray, un mago callejero al estilo de David Blane y Criss Angel. Steve Carrell y Steve Buscemi son graciosísimos como el par de magos y Jim Carrey le inyecta veneno al mago que pone en peligro la carrera de los amigos. "Burt Wonderstone" es casi el equivalente para los magos de lo que es "Shakes The Clown" para los payasos. Pero una película como esta necesita más riesgo, más humor negro y más maldad.
August 20, 2015
This movie bombed on so many levels so my expectations were super low. I was surprised that I kinda enjoyed it.
½ August 15, 2015
Despite all the negative reviews, I actually really enjoyed this movie! Is it the best movie ever? Well no, but it set out what it was aiming to do: to be a funny and entertaining movie. This is very much a "love it or hate it" type of movie and I'm on the love it side! Keep up the good work Steve Carell!
½ July 27, 2015
Steve Carrell, another actor I am not the highest fan of, but he can be funny when given the right material, and here, he is given the right material. A lot of people are probably going to see this for Jim Carrey, but, he is only in a few scenes, even though he plays the villain (if you can call him that) but the few scenes he is in, he is classic Jim Carrey. As for Carrell, he carries this with his suave, debonair personality as a Magician who's act has fallen flat in the last few years and is told to do something different, which becomes difficult for him. But hilarity ensues as he copes with splitting from his partner, not being the #1 magician in town anymore and losing his passion he once had for magic. This is a very funny movie even if Jim Carrey isn't in it more, but it does have a cameo by David Copperfield. RECOMMENDED for comedy fans, Jim Carrey fans, Steve Carrel fans, and magic fans. Abracadabra
½ July 26, 2015
Entertaining to a point, but not great. Steve Carell has done better movies than this.
½ July 14, 2015
This is a story about the importance of friendship and valuing others. Also magic. I truly enjoyed it. It was not a laugh a minute, and I'm glad of that.
½ July 8, 2015
it was awesome no better yet it was magical
½ June 27, 2015
A few good gags, but mostly it's just a movie that plods along without too much invention and plays it too safe to be memorable despite its talented cast.
June 24, 2015
Steve Carrel and Jim Carrey, I'm in!
½ June 22, 2015
not great but jim carry was pretty funny. D+
½ June 14, 2015
This is an oddball of a film, upon first viewing I hated it but after an interest on why it failed I decided to watch it again. The second time is a strange experience because you see how dark the comedy is in the film, and how it's actually pretty funny when you expect it. Carell isplaying the usual Michael Scott role and to be honest, it's pretty funny. Carrey, however, is the star of this movie, he's hysterical. The problems have to do with the script and the direction. It's really uneven, Daley and Goldstein have showed promise with Horrible Bosses and here they still make a decently funny film, but it feels neutered to being PG-13. Jason Reitman did re-writes and it is really odd because you can't tell where they are. The tone of the movie bounces between dark comedy and family-friendly buddy humor and the mix never quite feels balanced. The plot is predictable too and doesn't really stray from the formula. However, while not Incredible, Burt Wonderstone is a decent enough comedy that may find a cult following in the future.
June 8, 2015
kinda funny but more lamen
½ June 4, 2015
O.V.R 7/10...slow start but picks up in the second half
May 5, 2015
Harmless, and easily forgotten.
½ April 28, 2015
very entertaining and showing the real issue today on how magic is seen differently!
½ April 22, 2015
This movie had so much potential. There are some truly hilarious and inspired scenes - especially from Jim Carrey. However, these scenes are lost in the shuffle of a plot that goes out of its ways to be contrived. I'm kind of glad I saw it for the moments that were funny, but it's an overall mediocre movie.
½ April 21, 2015
Despite an all-star comedic cast, the film never lives up to its potential. The satire on modern magicians is funny, but Burt has no redeeming qualities, and somehow predictably still gets the girl.
April 19, 2015
Fine - a few laughs, not nearly as bad as half the comedies out there.
April 17, 2015
Great to get high and watch, just foolishness.