The Incredible Mr. Limpet - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Incredible Mr. Limpet Reviews

½ November 17, 2012
loved this movie as a kid
September 20, 2012
Kinda cute movie and is ok for the kids to watch also.
September 4, 2012
An interesting premise is lost to some dull moments.
½ August 27, 2012
It's old. The dialogue is hokey. The music is way too cheerful. Marilyn Monroe was never a fish.... The reasons to dislike this movie go on and on but still it remains one of my all time favourites. Nice to see it re-released on Blue Ray. Worth the trip down memory lane to buy it and visit this gentle story as often as you wish.
July 27, 2012
Underrated film. Enough said.
½ July 7, 2012
We all know how bad this movie is in so many ways - yet its charm, quite original story and the beauty that lies behind the idea is visible, and the fishy character of Limpet, with Knotts' fenomenal portrayal, is impossible not to love.
½ June 30, 2012
I enjoyed watching this, but it was really odd. The dehumanizing of the Nazis, the secret history of WW2, and the depiction of women combine to create this masterpiece of offensive cinema. Awesome.
June 9, 2012
Thia is a great Family Movie I saw it with my Mom and Dad years ago and now have shared it with my niece's and nephew's . Don Knotts is Out standing it his row of Man and Fish Just a Awesome Movie
March 16, 2012
I absolutely love this movie. Every kid should see this. Adult too as far as that goes.
½ January 14, 2012
Silly? Yes. Odd? Yes. Occasionally dull? Yes. Do I kind of like it? Yes. Don Knotts stars as a man who really wants to join the Navy, but is not up to snuff. He instead gets magically transformed into an animated fish. As you do. It is a really goofy plot, and sadly in spite of its mixture of live action and animation, it tends to not be all that fun or magical. There is some childhood thing about it for me, but if you didn't see this as a kid I don't see how you'd fall for it now.
½ January 13, 2012
Only children would like this. ONLY.
December 29, 2011
This was a staple of my childhood. I remember it being shown on a local tv station (KTLA) on the show Family Film Festival. When revisiting this film as an adult I find it a fun but ODD little film. Who can resist Don Knott's performance as a nerdy book keeper who "wishes he were a fish". I always thought this was a Disney movie, but it's not. Without giving too much away, this film seems to endorse wife swapping. Strange. And there is an American war story weaved within the film that is also "out there"! A fun film, if only for the weirdness of it all.
December 22, 2011
If you haven't done so, share this one with your children. They will enjoy it as much as I did in my younger years. Still one of my favorites.
½ December 1, 2011
This was really quite funny and interesting. I tend to forget that this mix of live action with cartoon exists this far back....1964 is quite a while back now and i wonder which was first to do this.
November 27, 2011
This is a unique premise with extremely cheesy and unengaging presentation. It's half live-action, half-cartoon, and neither really works to the full effect. Right when I warm up to Mr. Limpet as a human, he transforms and the film becomes something different. The best parts of the film come from seeing Don Knotts' character on screen, and obviously this is an impossibility because most of his screen time is as a cartoony fish. Anyway, there are some funny moments, but mostly this is trite. Not a film that has passed the test of time.
November 10, 2011
I Love this Movie, so cute, one of my favorite Childhood Movies
October 31, 2011
I saw this movie as a child and just watched it again as a 50 year old mom with her 15 year old son. I thoroughly enjoyed watching it again and my son even gave it a thumbs up. The movie was made back in the time when PG movies could include intelligent adult themes but not lose the viewer of any age (evolution, classified military tactics, hints of extra-marital affairs, etc). It's a fun movie and does a good job at keeping your interest. I was particularly impressed with the acting of Jack Weston (George), especially in the scene when he learns his pal Henry is still alive.
October 22, 2011
This is definitely pretty campy, but what did you expect from a cartoon about a talking fish who sinks Nazi submarines? I think it's just one of those movies which is so bad that it's good.
August 26, 2011
My favoirte Don Knotts movie ever!
July 3, 2011
Just not that funny in my opinion.