The Institute - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Institute Reviews

October 7, 2017
Congratulations Brianna Endrina who plays a pit girl!! Extremely proud of you!!
½ August 31, 2017
Hopeless acting in every level. Tragic montage. A trivial scenario with a boring and tiring plot. The only plus that seems to me to be the corresponding binder of the whole plot is the soundtrack.
July 1, 2017
The best thing about this movie are the extras Peter Gomes and Ben Russell
½ April 26, 2017
What garbage did I just watch?
½ April 10, 2017
Horrible dv shot mess.
½ April 5, 2017
I wish I could vote in the negative! What were these well known actors thinking?? Do yourself a favor and skip this one.
½ March 28, 2017
If there was an option for 0 Stars that would be my first choice. There is some validity in half a star since the movie actually ends at some point with no chance of a sequel. I don't know who was worse, the actors or the people who cast them. Story line started off promising and the trailer made the "movie" seem worth watching. It felt as though I was watching my kids 3rd grade school play. The story never really went any where. Thankfully the story line is so weak and uninspiring the only questions you will have at the end will be "why did I not turn it off sooner?" Answer: You just had to see if it could get worse! Seemed like a B horror / comedy film without the horror or comedy.

Sad part is the story could have made for an interesting and intriguing film. Better luck next time Franco.
½ March 17, 2017
The Institute a poor psychological thriller that is based on true events that occurred in a mental institute. and this story tells us of what happened there and how the downfall came to be only recently in 2009.
The movie had some notable actors like James Franco, Josh Dumehel and Eric Roberts. I do not recommend this movie it was slow and boring.
Not suitable for the kiddies and if you do watch it its a one time only flick.
½ March 17, 2017
The half star is for the movie's trailer. No fucking way in hell am I going to watch this piece of shit!
March 4, 2017
Well... it isn't all that bad but surely looking cheap in production.
½ March 3, 2017
Possibly the worst movie I have ever seen. Turned it off in 20 minutes. We were watching it and taking bets that it came out somewhere around 2002, and had a big laugh when we discovered it was released today.