The Intouchables - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Intouchables Reviews

February 2, 2016
A feel good movie about friendship between two men from very different classes.
½ January 25, 2016
Una fascinante historia con un toque de humor preciso, The Intouchables conmueve con una linda amistad entre opuestos personajes al mismo tiempo que divierte al público
January 15, 2016
Awesome film! you'll laugh and be emotiionally moved; Warms your heart down to the cockels!
January 7, 2016
Incredibly touching, an absolute favourite.
January 5, 2016
Beautiful! One of the most heart-warming, charming and touching films I've seen in years! A film about growth, friendship, and also love. This made me smile, laugh out loud, and also gave me perspective.
Brilliant, everyone I know who's seen this loved it...now including me!
½ January 3, 2016
All the feels. One of the best movies I watched this past year.
December 29, 2015
This is one of the best french movies I have worked so! It was simply perfect and drawn from a real life story. It restored my faith in humanity.
December 25, 2015
Un dúo imponente, una historia conmovedora y todo lo demás encaja de manera espléndida. The Intouchables encierra un montón de sentimientos y buenos encuadres. Los giros son adecuados que marca como una de las mejores producciones francesas que he visto.
December 25, 2015
The best movie I have ever seen
½ December 18, 2015
great movie about friendship, Im not see much foreign films, but after seeing this, I think I must, especially french films.
½ December 12, 2015
Works excellently as a feel good film even if a lot of the heavier issues have been left out. Stylish, great acting and some witty dialogue
December 9, 2015
The untouchables is a comedy, drama the title does a good job of setting the scene about the film it is about the people seen to be undesirable or people who are seen to have a certain stigma attached to them. the trailer shows the main themes of the film a light hearted comedy which isnt afraid to make fun of both main characters situations. Driss being a young poor 'street' black person and Philippe a crippled rich champagne dealer who has no luck finding an assistant.

the film contains multiple moments which would be classed as drama mostly dealing with Philippe's situation but also about driss's family and friends who have a running theme throughout the movie acting as a semi major plot point. the overall message of the film is about hope and how it can be found in the unlikeliness of places.
the plot has strong comedy throughout giving good laughs and a heartwarming story. certain plot points could have easily been left out such as scenes with Philippe's daughter whos story is never fully resolved. the ending seems rushed and is split between the start of the film and the end.
the acting of the the film is very good with both the main characters giving a great performance especially Omar Sy who plays Driss especially with his family scenes which required him to have a large change of emotion compared to Philippe.
the camera work in the movie were quite impressive with different types of scenes such as action with a high speed car chase cutting between scenes inside the car to scenes following the car and the perusing vehicles.
the film overall was very enjoyable with with a large range of emotion portrayed and the use of music throughout the film changes depending on which character it is following at the moment to highlight the difference between the two characters and the sad scenes make this a very memorable film which will just as easily pick up your spirits as drop them without notice.
½ December 9, 2015
The actors were exceptional and but the story lines of some of the characters were unnecessary for the plot to advance although they do provide comic relief the sound track play perfectly with some of the tones of the film the film itself was quite refreshing film to watch. It show the transformation of both characters and how the suddenly become dependent on each other as they become good friends. Overall, it is a feel good film but not a must see on my list
November 28, 2015
A fabulous film despite the sub titles
½ November 14, 2015
Bravo! I loved it! It was funny, touching and wonderful true story! their very mismatch friendship was fantastic! Francois Cluzet (Tell No One) did great performance! First he didn't move! and he was really calmed and fantastic! Omar Sy was really wild, crazy and wonderful! Ending was very heart warming and touching... I love French movies! and only 2 hours I was in Paris! Merci! and why American movies are not like this?!
November 14, 2015
This huge hit is often hard to resist, such is the charm of the central relationship, and of Omar Sy's portrayal of Driss. If I was less heartless, I would've fully embraced it, arms open. Not so. This is a perfectly watchable piece of Oscar-bait, slathered in cheese and not much else, though it doesn't seem to mind one bit, zipping along with crowd-pleasing song choices and continually picking the low-hanging fruit. This is, not so stealthily, engineered for maximum audience enjoyment, with any sort of edge or grit purely at surface level, leaving a rich person's detached view of the banlieues. Most problematically for me, however, is this film's sincere lack of subtlety, with each joke, emotional beat and swelling moment just a little too facile.

This is a film devoid of nuance, though I guess that's not always a bad thing. I must concede that I chuckled and came close to feeling some of the emotions I knew I was supposed to feel. Looking back, I feel manipulated and cheated by Untouchable, and this memory only sours when you think back to some light racial stereotyping and dodgy sexual politics. I'm no liar, however, so I must conclude that this was a thoroughly entertaining watch whilst it lasted, just not a heavyweight picture of any significance beyond its astounding box-office success.
½ November 9, 2015
A fantastic French comedy.
November 3, 2015
I know that lots of people loved this movie and critics say there is no depth to the message, but let me tell you all something very simple and beautiful about this film. The deep moments come when the movie slows and the beautiful music speaks to you as a person. During these moments you can tell that these two have a deep fundamental understanding of one another. This is not a hard hitting movie about some depressing subject, but it does speak to who we are as people. If critics can't see that, well then they better be blind. Also if you don't know french the movie isn't nearly as good. So if there are critics out there who didn't like the movie: learn french and rewatch it. Favorite movie. Masterful. For critics: try watching this as a person who doesn't analyze every boring plot element of films and just feel it.
October 31, 2015
[CONTAINS SPOILERS]

Watching this film was a rather pleasant experience. The prologue shows a cutback of Philippe (the invalid) and Driss(the helper) going for a drive, which made the whole movie clichéic. When you see the whole movie, you will know that it was a strongly intended move that the director made. The only thing that "The Intouchables" aimed is to give the audience a positive mood and that friendship is one of the best things in the world. I feel the movie has more than succeeded that goal. Music, which played an important part in the movie, was also very good.
8.5/10
½ October 27, 2015
The friendship that builds between this unlikely pair is quite amazing and touching.