The Invisible Kid (1988)

TOMATOMETER

——

——

AUDIENCE SCORE

Critic Consensus: No consensus yet.

Movie Info

This pre-teen comedy finds the studious Grover (Jay Underwood) using the notes of his late scientist father to complete a project. With unsolicited help from pigeon droppings, a substance is created that renders the consumer invisible for 30 minutes. The effectiveness decreases by five minutes with each dose, inexplicably expanding to 30 again on the eight attempt. This gives Grover the power to fulfill every hetero teen-male's fantasy; a visit to the girls locker room. Karen Black plays Grover's dizzy mom. .
Rating:

Science Fiction, Horror and Fantasy Film Review Database

Full Review… | December 31, 1999
Film Values/Family Values

Audience Reviews for The Invisible Kid

Ever wondered whether a room with an invisible character could be interesting? I still am. The premise of the Invisible Kid may have been concocted to fit around awkward scheduling inconveniences at the studio, but it still results in a campy hijinks movie with more to laugh at than to laugh with. Complete with Basketball game climax and sneaking into women's locker rooms.

Altered Ego
Altered Ego
½

I'm the first to review this classic!?? SWEETNESS! Well, lets start off by saying that I was young chap when I first saw this movie. But it was the first movie I remember renting when I was kid. Jay Underwood was the king of nerd flicks in the 80's. He was great in this. I remember wanting to have the power of invisibility and using it to win high school basketball games. This movie made high school seem amazing and adult. Great 80's movie. Can't wait to watch it again!

David Lew
David Lew

The Invisible Kid Quotes

There are no approved quotes yet for this movie.

Discussion Forum

Discuss The Invisible Kid on our Movie forum!

News & Features