The Irishman Reviews

Feb 12, 2020

Great return to form from Scoresese

Great return to form from Scoresese

• Feb 06, 2020

Just before the Oscars I got the opportunity to watch this 10 times nominee on the big screen. At 3:29 hours, it is loooong! Not a real problem, though, since it was shot for Netflix with only limited theatrical release, so very few people had to sit through it in a theater. Most of the acting is great, as are the visual effects of aging / younging (?) the numerous well known actors over the story that spanned several decades. The story is the film's biggest flaw, though: there was no build-up, no climax, just year after year after year, dying down in the end. Best picture? Not even remotely, with Joker, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, and Little Women in the mix.

• Wendy B
    Feb 04, 2020

Good movie, interesting story, but way too long

Good movie, interesting story, but way too long

• JDSC
    Feb 04, 2020

The movie was good, as was the acting. However, the same story could have been told in half the time. It was way too long.

• Michael M
    Jan 25, 2020

Classic Scorsese! Di Niro and Pacino command the movie like they always have throughout their career. I just wish it wasn't such a long movie. After 3 hours I was wearing down.

• lhdjrd L
    Jan 20, 2020

Cant believe deNiro was not nominated! So good as was Joe Pesci..

Cant believe deNiro was not nominated! So good as was Joe Pesci..

• Nancy B
    Jan 19, 2020

Even though a long show, held our interest.

Even though a long show, held our interest.

• Lynne H
    Jan 14, 2020

Knowing going in that the movie was 3+ hours, I still found times where conversation dragged on a bit too long, but overall the time went quickly.

• Patty
    Jan 11, 2020

So excited that we got to see the movie in the theatre. Excellent movie.

So excited that we got to see the movie in the theatre. Excellent movie.

• Google
    Jan 04, 2020

One of the best films of the year by far.

One of the best films of the year by far.