The Jeffrey Dahmer Files - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Jeffrey Dahmer Files Reviews

½ January 16, 2016
Could have been interesting. Does reenactments of various parts of Dahmer's day to day life which really don't add anything to the story but are just filler. The interviewees aren't that interesting, which pretty much can derail any documentary. The neighbor, detective, and scientist don't add any interesting tidbits, just do a very basic overview of the case.

I could read Wikipedia on Dahmer and get more information in a fraction of the time. That's not good for a documentary.
½ September 5, 2015
Dull, uninsightful. I hate coming down on it because of the interviews with real people, but there are too few interviews, the presentation is awful, but worst of all there is no insight in this documentary. It's not even creepy despite the horrific material. How did they make Dahmer boring!?
½ August 31, 2015
An incredibly well made documentary about one of America's most infamous serial killers. Not only do the three interviewees have extremely interesting stories to tell, the narrative is filmed in such a chilling way that it is the most disturbing form of simple film-making I have ever seen. This documentary makes the story of Dahmer feel even more gruesome by leaving many things up to the viewer's imagination, even though the story is well known.
August 4, 2014
An interesting albeit lightweight documentary.
June 8, 2014
A creepy and revealing documentary on a sick and sad psychopath. I often think of how these serial killers go about on their day-to-day business, buying boxes and planning for disposing of their victims. Do they take a bus? How do they chat with store clerks? This film attempts to give us a bit of insight into those banal, yet evil, moments. The film also sheds some light on the victims - not just the family members of the Dahmer victims, but rather on the neighbors and police men who dealt with him. It all adds up to an incredible fascinating portrait of a tragic and frightening person. It's overwhelming to think how much time and effort goes into putting this psycho in prison. Investigating each murder, talking to so many traumatized people involved and most of all, trying to figure out what's going on behind those glasses. Apparently, he just didn't want to be left alone. He'd eat his victims so he could keep them with him. Later, he'd feel guilty and then he'd drink to forget. Apparently, he also turned demonic when he'd become threatening. The attempted lobotomy part is truly terrifying.
½ June 3, 2014
Was a great doc, lots of good information with important people in the case....however, could have done without the little cheesy acting parts that really added nothing to the story....
½ May 18, 2014
Chilling interviews with some of those involved in the case mixed with poorly filmed reenactments.
March 24, 2014
Top chef, top Jeff <3
March 19, 2014
wonderful view into the lives of those who Dahmer's life touched both positively and negatively
March 12, 2014
It was a slow but informative movie on the case of Jeffery Dahmer. The reenactment of his story was not necessary to the movie and they should of added a more verity of speakers that witnessed the Dahmer case.
TheDudeLebowski65
February 17, 2014
Interesting experimental documentary about serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer uses recreation and archival footage to tell the events of the capture of the depraved killer. Although not very long, The Jeffrey Dahmer Profile is an interesting film, and it is one that is shocking from start to finish because Dahmer's crimes were despicable. The cast do a good job in the reaction parts, and some of the footage used, is quite disturbing, but necessary in order to tell a broad story of Dahmer's crimes. Viewers interested in the subject will surely find this a fascinating viewing experience, and one that you won't forget. The Jeffrey Dahmer Profile is not for everyone, but to those interested in the subject, this is a must watch. As a documentary, the film works well, but it's far from be8ing a standout in the genre. I would say that this is a good movie, but considering its run time, it doesn't really go in depth about the subject of Dahmer. Fo9r a short film, it gives you an idea of what happened, but it does feel a little light. The recreations are well done, and work well, but a straight forward documentary would have been better. Since this one recreates most of the events for the duration of the film, I think that this film could have benefited from a more realistic approach to9 the events by documenting the facts with actual interviews from those involved in the case. The film works to a certain degree, but in the long run it could have been a much better movie as well. As it is, it's good, but it could have been better as well.
½ February 8, 2014
A riveting and quietly unsettling blend of interviews and fictionalized re-enactments of his daily life (not the murders), The Jeffrey Dahmer Files takes a look at the quiet neighbor whose apartment became an abattoir of horrors.
½ January 7, 2014
Being from Milwaukee I have always had an interest in this story. When I saw this on Netflix I was super excited to view it because it looked investigative and in-depth. From start to finish it's one of the worst documentaries I have ever seen. I learned nothing new. A good chunk of the film is a cop with a bad mustache talking about his experience connecting with Dahmer after he was arrested. At one point I literally said out loud, "is this film about Dahmer or this guy?" The dramatizations are absolutely pathetic and poorly placed. There is no continuity in this documentary, and as a true film fan and lover of documentaries it is really hard for me to bash someones work, but I have no choice but to review this documentary as an awful piece of shit and waste of time. It is that bad.
½ October 31, 2013
After watching this it felt like so much was left out, seemed like it wouldn't be out of place on Nightline or 20/20.
½ October 8, 2013
Mesmerizing and haunting, "The Jeffrey Dahmer Files" is an inside-out serial killer movie, lacking in gore or cheap psychology and made in part for those who think they never want to see another serial killer movie. I say SEE IT!!!
October 7, 2013
Despite an interesting killer, The Jeffrey Dahmer Files gets trapped in a bunch of interviews that does not give a fresh view about the subject.
September 1, 2013
Fascinating a must watch documentary.
August 31, 2013
Creepy in the way it shows Dahmer's crimes, side-to-side with the mundane aspects of his life.
½ August 29, 2013
This could have been so much better. But the interviews with that neighbor next-door were very interesting. I had no idea that she ate a sandwich made from human remains given to her by Jeffrey Dahmer.
August 27, 2013
In-depth look into the world around the crazy fucker.