The Jerk Theory - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Jerk Theory Reviews

½ July 14, 2015
I really liked this cheesy but adorable film :p
November 21, 2014
starts super corny and low budget but gets a lot better.
November 13, 2014
What I got to say about "The Jerk Theory" is that it's a decent movie. The performances by the cast is good. "Josh Henderson and Jenna Dewan-Tatum work great with each other plus, the both have flawless chemistry." The directing by Scott S. Anderson and screenplay by Abraham Taylor is fine. The cinematography is really good. And the score in this movie works excellent. I personally live the score. "I have to report that "The Jerk Theory" is movie that is okay of a movie."
June 20, 2014
An enjoyable Rom-Com movie
½ April 9, 2014
Cute concept on a very low budget. I mean, c'mon, Tom Arnold?!?!
½ October 22, 2013
this movie got such a low rating on netflix that I had try watch, even if only for my own morbid curiousity. It was predicable in very possibly way, frequently skipping every opportunity to develop any kind of character back story. the acting was awful... take for example the ending prom scene. the nice guy turned jerk rock-star, pens a song to apologise to the good girl scorned, who, despite having never heard the lyrics to this NEW song written for her... somehow already knows the purpose of, and is nearly moved to tears by the apology not yet sung after only a few notes. This movie is awful.
October 5, 2013
This movie was just garbage, the casting was predictably stupid, the characters we're one dimensional, and more importantly they just abused the fat kid to the bitter end of the movie because of the fact he was not good looking or what not, I wouldn't mind that much if they didn't do it ALL. THE. TIME. also most of the people in this movie just made stupid or bad decisions thinking this is how teenagers act in a high school, I wouldn't mind if this garbage movie was in a actual high school but it was catholic school, witch just made everything utterly uncomfortable, just for your sanity please don't watch this movie
½ April 5, 2013
It was good, I liked how when he got angry he just destroyed everything, like people do, sometimes it was a bit cheesy but still a teenage movie you want to see
½ March 21, 2013
Just terrible. Bad story, bad acting, bad music, bad jokes... Well no jokes. Don't waste your time on this "comedy." It's nothing more than one big clichè
December 23, 2012
Below average teen rom com, Nothing bad but nothing original either
December 19, 2012
i didn't think it was that bad. it was a nice light-hearted teen rom-com.
½ December 4, 2012
This movie probably has the oldest cast playing high school students that I have ever seen. I watched the movie and tried convincing myself that they were in a strange college that had school dances because that was more believable to me. The ending was sweet and predictable.
October 30, 2012
It was entertaining.. had some funny parts. Watched this on Netflix one night.. it was a good time.
October 17, 2012
Loved It. Shows how current High School students act with a heart warming ending.
October 8, 2012
The Jerk Theory details the run down idea that "the jerks get the ladies" and from there we all know exactly where this 93 minute joke is going. Henderson sings like a goat, the nameless actress weeps un unapologetically and that one fat kid runs lines like they're funny, trouble being, of course, they're not. It's terribly shot and plays out like a 90's sitcom in the worst of ways. You'll be itching to leave in minutes.
September 17, 2012
Enjoyable. I watched this with my teenage daughter, and we both got a kick out of this. Nothing TOO terribly original, but still fun to watch. Well done..good actors.
September 15, 2012
Surprisingly good, it's on Netflix. Go watch it
September 12, 2012
I wanted to watch a Tom Arnold movie. I got an pro-abstinence teen comedy. win-win
September 10, 2012
I love these kinds on movies. Great flick
September 9, 2012
I never understood what role the Catholic school had in this.....