The Journey of Jared Price Reviews

• Feb 09, 2011

So realistic. It's talking about a part of my life!!!

So realistic. It's talking about a part of my life!!!

• Jun 18, 2010

Very low budget, and the acting is a bit on the amateur side, but it?s a really good story and well written. It?s simple, very touching and heartfelt. It?s very sincere and Dustin Lance Black?s direction is excellent, especially considering the restraints he had to deal with. It?s always interesting.

• Sep 07, 2009

Although the production is very very low(or no) budget, this is still a very good little film. It really is.New-comer, Corey Spears, is adorably cute and a great actor. Did I mention how cute he is? Oh yeah, I did! He made the movie very watchable for me. I started a posting on the message board for Corey's imdb info page, of any would like to discuss the film, and Corey. To get there, just type COREY SPEARS on the IMDB search. Then you scroll to the message board link on his infopage under his credits.. I highly reccomend you see this film. Appreciate it for the story and acting. Don't judge it soley on it's production values. This is a great movie! It's got heart. It's got truth. And...it's got Corey Spears!

• May 09, 2009

I rented this because of Dustin Lance Black, the Oscar-winning screenwriter of MILK and writer on BIG LOVE. I figured his early effort at writing/directing a gay coming of age movie were worth viewing. They are, barely. You're not going to find anything startlingly original here. You're going to have to ignore the very low budget shot-on-video quality. You're going to have to accept the acting as a lesson on what not to do in film. You're going to have to squelch your prurient interest about how Black cast the lead to look so much like himself (I did). But you do get a very sweet and romantic sentiment, a believable construct for the characters, a story arc that almost certainly has happened often in real life (predatory older guy, confused closety young guy, best-friend buddy, old-lady mentor, the evils of the big city. I kept thinking I'd sampled it, I should turn it off. Only I didn't. So there.

• May 03, 2009

By all means this wasn't a perfect movie. Some of the acting (especially the old lady) was not convincing and some of the story elements were a little contrived. But the story was otherwise so endearing (and, thank The Lord(TM), a gay-themed movie with a happy ending!). [FYI This was written and directed by Dustin Lance Black, who won the Best Screenplay Oscar for Milk].

• Feb 25, 2009

while its very amateurish there is a surprisingly honest and quietly romantic story here. oscar winner dustin lance black writes and directs this coming of age/search for sexual identity film and its much more intelligent than the countless others out there. the acting is realistic and understated works well. its by no means perfect but i appreciated the honesty i found at the center of this film.

• Nov 03, 2008

its a cute movie, and the last 10 minutes are my favorite. I have to say it kind of renewed the romantic side of me that has been missing for a while

• Sep 27, 2008

I would have given this 6.5 out of 10. I like it because it does not follow the Hollywood mold of story telling and there is some great attention paid to homo love making in the way other films do straight sex / lovemaking scenes. The made on a budget style of filming made it even more endearing, except for dodgy edits and cut-to's that made no sense at all and were actually irritating. There is an old woman in it that really makes the film, and lots of believable realtionship stuff. Twinks are not really my thing but hell i was hanging out to see Jared get plowed - who wasn't?

• Oct 25, 2007

Mainly for Corey Spears' fans but not only.

Mainly for Corey Spears' fans but not only.

• Sep 21, 2007