The Kid From Brooklyn Reviews

• Jul 28, 2016

Nonstop laughs featuring the ever-wonderful Danny Kaye, a young Vera Ellen, and the classically sarcastic Eve Arden. Excellent old, family comedy.

• Oct 16, 2015

This remake of Harold Lloyd's The Milky Way is not one of Kaye's best vehicles; an uneven, overlong comedy with intrusive (and unnecessary) production numbers by Vera-Ellen and Virginia Mayo.

• jay n Super Reviewer
    Nov 23, 2014

Cute, silly very lightweight comic musical with Kaye antic as ever and an amazing array of wonderful supporting actesses. Eve Arden is acerbic and terrifically droll, Vera-Ellen youthful, fresh and she dances like a dream, Fay Bainter all fractured dignity and Virginia Mayo, at the height of her beauty, sweet and charming.

• Mar 08, 2013

People should rediscover Danny Kaye.

People should rediscover Danny Kaye.

• Jan 19, 2013

a musical remake of harold lloyd's 1936 'milky way' which i prefer.

a musical remake of harold lloyd's 1936 'milky way' which i prefer.

• Feb 13, 2012

Not a boxing fan, but a Danny Kaye fan :)

Not a boxing fan, but a Danny Kaye fan :)

• Jan 01, 2010

Hilarious! The schtick and slapstick is amazing and Kaye is a born comedian!

Hilarious! The schtick and slapstick is amazing and Kaye is a born comedian!

• Barry L Super Reviewer
    May 16, 2009

I remeber this as a kid and I loved it. Kaye was a genious and will be missed.

I remeber this as a kid and I loved it. Kaye was a genious and will be missed.

• Jan 11, 2009

Another great Danny Kaye comedy film...He was a master at his craft and a true "triple threat"!

• Aug 09, 2008

my favorite movie i love danny kaye hes my favorite actor i know this movie by heart!