The Killing of Two Lovers Reviews

• Jul 06, 2021

The worst movie I've ever seen

The worst movie I've ever seen

• Jun 25, 2021

《纽约时报》曾揭露闫丽梦是"政治阴谋论者" 闫丽梦去年曾被《纽约时报》揭露与川普前首席顾问班农、流亡美国的大陆富商郭文贵等形成反中联盟,为实现反中政治阴谋,发表宣传病毒溯源相关报告。《纽约时报》称该报告没有经过同行评审,也没有在科学期刊上发表,并被病毒学家认为是"伪科学"和"基于猜测"。

• Jun 22, 2021

“I only agreed to do this because you promised me that we were gonna work through this.” David desperately tries to keep his family of six together during a separation from his wife. They both agree to see other people but David struggles to grapple with his wife's new relationship. The Killing of Two Lovers is an intense drama almost setup like a thriller. Every moment feels on edge like everything could snap. Writer and director Robert Machoian invents his own style for this. Really, it’s nothing like you’ve seen before. It’s hard to describe without watching it. The family dynamic is very strong. There’s longing, loss, and fear all wrapped up in it. Each scene has those characteristics. What brings it together is the superb acting. Clayne Crawford is in just about every scene. What surprised me is how this isn’t a quiet, subtle performance like we’re used to seeing with a story like this. He keeps up this nice energy throughout that I really liked. The script has all the right moments to get a well developed character out of him. Some of the best moments are him with his kids. Keeping this facade of everything ok really puts struggle there. You can feel it more than anything. Also, the kids do give good performances as well. It’s really impressive the team of people they had there for acting to pair up with the impeccable writing. Not only did Machoian write and direct, but he also edited the whole film. The editing is really impressive as well. It goes along with the style, but it helps bring everything on edge. With the editing comes the sound design. At first, I thought it was all just a cool sounding score. But what’s actually there is the sounds within the scene coming together to produce something like a score. It’s really amazing how it all turns out. Machoian knows exactly what he’s doing to make an effective watch. The cinematography is beautiful. The purples and blues are brought out to show the melancholy nature of the story. There’s also some cool use of aspect ratio that I liked. Honestly, there’s not too much to dislike here. It might be a little too slow for others or too strange. I’ve seen some criticisms with the plot and outcomes, but that’s not the point of the story. Anyway, The Killing of Two Lovers is one of the best of the year so far. You can rent it now on VOD, and I’d highly recommend it. I look forward to seeing more what this director will accomplish.

• Jun 18, 2021

The opening scene really did grab my attention & felt promising, but as the movie went on, things started moving slow, predictable & the soundtrack wasn't helping either yet i was able to put up wifi all that until the ending just gave everything away & watching the movie felt like a quiet waste of time Liked the camera work, the raw emotions, the scenery & the performances, but they couldn't hold the movie together on their own

• Jun 16, 2021

So emotionally raw, you really feel for the characters. Also very visually beautiful

• Jun 15, 2021

I mean, for an indie film with no one recognizable, shot in what was probably a short schedule, in a nowhere town, it isn't the worst. but it is far from great. the trouble is that it's quite boring throughout the majority... it does have some really juicy moments that ring true, but the general depend upon stark realism, was a struggle to get through as an audience member, especially when the lead isn't anyone you'll leave remembering..

• Jun 12, 2021

I think every film critic and writer out there missed the entire point of the movie. It took a tragedy to bring the couple back together. Her new man turned out to be a psycho who was completely out of line and cringeworthy and I'm still horrified by the last scene and a bit confused what happened. Was he wearing Spurs? He almost killed him and left him like garbage for his children to find. That's what it took for the wife to realize how selfish she was being and how much she loves him. The town of 300 people doesn't make sense for some progressive dating other people situation. I found the wife despicable. I had no empathy for her. And her boyfriend was the absolute worst, though dressed as her savior. I was very happy with the ending.

• Jun 12, 2021

I thoroughly enjoyed this film. I appreciate how the story is grounded in reality. Personally, I have seen similar situations in my hometown community and even within my own family. So it was surreal to see such a realistic take on the screen. The acting was as if someone just sat a camera down in front of a family and let it run. Every scene made you think and feel something, which is the goal of any film. Overall, a fantastic experience.

• Jun 06, 2021

SLOW is OK if it builds to an excellent ending in this case the ending was pathetic and stupid which made the entire film just plain boring with a very annoying sound effect that carried throughout the entire movie... total waste of time with no redeeming qualities Title is misleading.... The trailer is the best part of this entire thing!

• Jun 05, 2021

It is a pretty amazing movie all round. The dynamics between David and Niki, David and Jess, and David and the boys, were all well developed and amazing to watch . The cinematography was quite unconventional (in the best sense of the word), from the often almost square aspect ratio to the frequent use of very wide or fairly narrow shots. The soundscape was especially good, instead of using music, a mixture of repeating everyday sounds (doors slamming, engines starting etc.) was used for the soundtrack, it sounded awesome, and the tension of it permeated every moment it was there. 96/100