The King of Escape - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The King of Escape Reviews

September 18, 2014
We watched this based on the stellar reviews by 7 pro-reviewers on Rotten Tomatoes. Apparently the filmmakers think everyone older man is this French town is bi-sexual tending toward homosexual. The film follows a forlorn and somewhat confused older gay guy as he gets infatuated with a teenaged girl and has various drug and sexual experiences. Slow and doesn't really go anywhere or say anything. Kept giving it another ten minutes and finished it but it was ultimately unsatisfying and kind of lame. A bit of a waste of time.
½ April 8, 2014
Fell asleep just reading about it.
July 5, 2011
fantastisk sjov og på en måde som du aldrig har fået det før .... smiler stadig, når jeg tænker på den .... desuden er rollen Armard fremført strålende af Bruno Valayer .... ham må jeg se mere af ... meget seværdig film, som jeg kun kan give mine allervarmeste anbefalinger....
September 5, 2010
"The King of Escape" has no MPAA rating, so I'm including this Parental Warning: This movie contains several scenes of graphic sex between 2 men, and between the 40-year old male lead and the 16 year-old female lead. My personal opinion is that it would be rated "NC-17" if it were made in the U.S.
Children should not be exposed to this movie and (here comes the review!) in my opinion, neither should adults. The movie is composed of one scene after another of people engaging in gross behavior, with no moral compass whatsoever. The title seems to refer to the fact that the protagonist escapes the consequences of his many legal and ethical violations - but does end up being tortured as a result of a single act of kindness he performs. I guess the lesson of the movie would be "Do whatever you want, and never help anybody".
April 20, 2010
What the f** was that exactly??? Unratable