The Kings of Summer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Kings of Summer Reviews

½ June 29, 2015
NICK ROBINSONNNNN <34567
June 28, 2015
If you didn't think this movie deserves 5 stars here's what you have to go do. Invent a time-machine and go back to your childhood, make some cool friends, go out into the closest forest in your neighbourhood and just live by your own rules for one day. This movie reminds me of my childhood so much and I always wanted to grab some of my friends and just go out for an entire summer, build a house and live by our own rules, thus becoming the kings of summer.
½ June 25, 2015
The Kings of Summer was an enjoyable time killer and a well done coming of age story. I liked the majority of the film. The scenes which show the three kids messing around in the woods were a lot of fun. The stars' chemistry was also clearly there. I was weary about Moises Arias' character because he seemed too weird however, in all honesty he did make me laugh several times. My favorite character is definitely Patrick. He is an all around nice guy and did not deserve what came to him. Yes, I understand where Joe was coming from but he really just turned into a dick. If I was Patrick, I would not have forgiven Joe until I had received an apology. Love is definitely something that can come between friendship but I was really hoping this film would defer from the rest by not having the best friends split up and instead face a big challenge together. Like most movies, the big challenge that had to be overcome was friendship. This did show an impressive parallel between Joe and his father who he wanted so much not to become. Although this film had potential to be something even greater, what it is, is something special of its own. The comedy hits, the characters work, and the movie is one not to be forgotten.
June 14, 2015
All three of its leads are great and it has a supporting cast that deserve a movie of their own, The Kings of Summer is a lot funnier than the average Sundance dramedy and much better than most summer blockbusters.
Bradley T. Johnson
June 13, 2015
This movie drowns itself in annoying quirkiness. The leads are talented, but the film is a bland coming-of-age tale that is nowhere near as poignant or fun as the similar The Way Way Back. Catch that instead and leave this trying to hard to be hipster and cool movie on the backburner. Rating: 43
½ June 13, 2015
Mildly irritating teen movie which at least tries to avoid clichés and offers a few well-handled bitter truths about human relationships.
½ June 11, 2015
yes, for lovers of the goonies and standby me a must see.
½ June 11, 2015
A fine coming of age film about 3 teens who decide to run away and build their own house in the woods. The film happened to be shot around where I live, which was nice to see. The young cast is entertaining to watch, as is the supporting cast of parents and siblings that include Nick Offerman, Allison Brie, and Megan Mullally. The movie was quirky and fun, a solid film about that awkward time in life that felt rather timeless.
½ June 9, 2015
Charming and funny. A great take on the classic coming of age genre.
½ June 5, 2015
#97 #countdownto2000
½ May 29, 2015
Una historia delicada muy funcional con una forma perspicaz que recurre a jóvenes promesas con una actuación en verdadera potencia, da un resultado encantador que mantiene una línea astuta en la narrativa que avanza con seguridad hasta su objetivo final.
½ May 26, 2015
it's fun teen comedy with a mature theme and message and that´s not ussual in a teen comedy.
½ May 23, 2015
Fun and bittersweet.
May 22, 2015
long life of the youth
½ May 15, 2015
A very well made film with fun and heartfelt performances (especially Nick Robinson & Moises Arias) make this a charming film and maybe a cult classic in the not to distant future.
May 3, 2015
The kings of summer (los reyes del verano) es increible! la verdadera virtud de vivir en la naturaleza, la juventud y la belleza.
½ April 28, 2015
At points, too quirky for its own good. Goofy laughs often get in the way.
½ March 22, 2015
Tried to hard. Too many movies in this genre.
½ March 14, 2015
A great feel good film that is extremely funny in some places. Become one of my favourite comedies.
½ March 9, 2015
Three kinds wants independence from their parents go to woods and live over their make a house. However the scenario changes from friendship to enmity within 2 friends with entry of a girl in their lives. The story is ageold story but the treatment is good which make you sit through the movie.