The Kings of Summer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Kings of Summer Reviews

September 17, 2015
Lite annorlunda všnskapshistoria
½ August 28, 2015
Worst movie ever, does not make sense and has the worst story of anything DON'T EVER WATCH IT !!!!
½ August 20, 2015
A little quirky a little funny and sweet.Some very funny one liners.....a surprise left of center coming of age movie that's got a terrific sense of self.
August 19, 2015
I loved it , the message & everything
August 19, 2015
Aww, man. This was awesome. Definitely one of my favorites.
August 17, 2015
The Kings of Summer is a great coming of age tale about 3 friends who build a cabin in the middle of the woods to get away from their families. Its a story about friendship, family, falling in love and the journey of going from just a high school kid to becoming a man. The comedy aspect of the movie is great, it is a little off kilter but has plenty of memorable hilarious moments. The whole idea behind it, running away and escaping to a forest where no one can find you is great and Im sure it has crossed many peoples minds when they were younger. Watching the kids develop, find themselves and struggle with relationships as well as their life choices was great to see unfold. All of the characters contribute in a major way to the film, from the serious yet funny Nick Offerman to the crazy, weird friend played by Rico the funny kid from Hannah Montana. This isn't quiet a new age Sandlot or Stand By Me but it is very close and will provide that same general feelings and joy you get from watching those films about a group of friends.
August 3, 2015
This movie is worth 10 stars! Wow what an awesome awesome - AWESOME movie that reminded me a bit of the classic Stand By Me. One of the best I've seen in sometime!

I highly highly recommend this movie!!!
July 21, 2015
A must see, for our inner young heart...
July 20, 2015
Really enjoyed this boy movie. Stumbled across it on cable.
July 19, 2015
An engaging, interesting movie. Good for all ages. Well rounded movie. Very good acting all around.
July 13, 2015
I've seen parts of this movie
July 7, 2015
Way too distant from modern teen movies, The Kings of Summer shows with a very simple plot it's funny and dramatic.
July 6, 2015
Joe, Patrick and the eccentric and unpredictable Biaggio - who, in the ultimate act of independence, decide to spend their summer building a house in the woods and living off the land. Free from their parents' rules, their idyllic summer quickly becomes a test of friendship as each boy learns to appreciate the fact that family - whether it is the one you're born into or the one you create - is something you can't run away from.
½ June 29, 2015
NICK ROBINSONNNNN <34567
June 28, 2015
If you didn't think this movie deserves 5 stars here's what you have to go do. Invent a time-machine and go back to your childhood, make some cool friends, go out into the closest forest in your neighbourhood and just live by your own rules for one day. This movie reminds me of my childhood so much and I always wanted to grab some of my friends and just go out for an entire summer, build a house and live by our own rules, thus becoming the kings of summer.
½ June 25, 2015
The Kings of Summer was an enjoyable time killer and a well done coming of age story. I liked the majority of the film. The scenes which show the three kids messing around in the woods were a lot of fun. The stars' chemistry was also clearly there. I was weary about Moises Arias' character because he seemed too weird however, in all honesty he did make me laugh several times. My favorite character is definitely Patrick. He is an all around nice guy and did not deserve what came to him. Yes, I understand where Joe was coming from but he really just turned into a dick. If I was Patrick, I would not have forgiven Joe until I had received an apology. Love is definitely something that can come between friendship but I was really hoping this film would defer from the rest by not having the best friends split up and instead face a big challenge together. Like most movies, the big challenge that had to be overcome was friendship. This did show an impressive parallel between Joe and his father who he wanted so much not to become. Although this film had potential to be something even greater, what it is, is something special of its own. The comedy hits, the characters work, and the movie is one not to be forgotten.
June 14, 2015
All three of its leads are great and it has a supporting cast that deserve a movie of their own, The Kings of Summer is a lot funnier than the average Sundance dramedy and much better than most summer blockbusters.
Bradley T. Johnson
June 13, 2015
This movie drowns itself in annoying quirkiness. The leads are talented, but the film is a bland coming-of-age tale that is nowhere near as poignant or fun as the similar The Way Way Back. Catch that instead and leave this trying to hard to be hipster and cool movie on the backburner. Rating: 43
½ June 13, 2015
Mildly irritating teen movie which at least tries to avoid clichés and offers a few well-handled bitter truths about human relationships.