The King's Speech - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The King's Speech Reviews

December 29, 2016
A great movie. Loved the acting and the plot due to the plot being based on a true story. Very inspirational and worthy of being Best Picture.
December 28, 2016
Masterpiece. Firth gives an incredible performance.
December 28, 2016
Colin Firth is breathtaking in this acclaimed motion picture!
December 18, 2016
An intimate look into Pre World War 2 & The Events transpired. Colin Firths Performance was probably the best he's had yet.
December 5, 2016
A fascinating period drama that will probably please everyone (and find few detractors), with great dialogue and exquisite performances by Firth and Rush, who shine in their scenes together and sell us the natural relationship that grows between the two characters.
½ December 3, 2016
Love, love, love this film and the cast! Amazing!
½ October 27, 2016
I feel like this is one of those perfect films. Nothing is wrong with it, as far as I can tell.
½ October 20, 2016
Great film...an absolute must see.
October 10, 2016
Excellent top notch movie.
½ October 1, 2016
Honestamente al principio no me llamó la atención, la vine a ver muchos años mas tarde, y me arrepiento de no haberla visto a penas salió, es muy buena, las actuaciones son increíbles Colin Firth es espectacular, pero la que más me sorprendió fue Helena Bonham Carter, siento que es uno de sus mejores papeles, es entretenida y hasta chistosa.
September 19, 2016
A lot of people have problems and out fright phobias with public speaking. Now imagine you are the leader of an entire country on the verge of war and not only do you have a fear of public speaking, but a stutter that makes it that much worse!

That's the problem facing our main character in this movie. He's made King of England after his brother is no longer allowed to be King. It really does a good job of showing the fear of not only making yourself look like a fool, but embarrassing and entire nation. A nation that looks to you for inspiration.

Parts do tend to drag though, and it feels a bit repetitive at times. It's not without flaws, and not really deserved of the Oscars it won, considering there were other more deserving films that season, yet it still makes for an inspirational watch and is sure lift a lot of people's spirits by the end.
September 15, 2016
Fantastic performances lead this seemingly small story. Really make it a compelling affair.
½ September 11, 2016
Even though the time shift's are confusing it's impossible not to be absorbed by this well acted and well written piece. As for it being predictable , it's fucking history!
September 5, 2016
Best Movie That i Seen in along time
August 25, 2016
anladım ki konuma terapisti olmak için diplomaya gerek yokmu:)
½ August 22, 2016
The King's Speech: The tale of England's King George VI (the current Queen Elizabeth's father) and his lifelong struggle to conquer a psychologically-debilitating speech impediment. The story drags on at times but the historical glimpse inside the royal family and Colin Firth's solid performance gives the film a needed boost. B
August 19, 2016
Absolutely astonishing!
August 17, 2016
The Kings Speech is a master peace which does not only deliver a touching story, but conveys emotion intensely in everything from its cast's impeccable performance to things like its camera angles.
August 8, 2016
Gripping characters in a gripping time yet generally a relaxed atmosphere that nevertheless keeps it fresh seeing it time after time.
August 7, 2016
One of my all-time favourites.