The King's Speech - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The King's Speech Reviews

October 10, 2016
Excellent top notch movie.
½ October 1, 2016
Honestamente al principio no me llamó la atención, la vine a ver muchos años mas tarde, y me arrepiento de no haberla visto a penas salió, es muy buena, las actuaciones son increíbles Colin Firth es espectacular, pero la que más me sorprendió fue Helena Bonham Carter, siento que es uno de sus mejores papeles, es entretenida y hasta chistosa.
September 19, 2016
A lot of people have problems and out fright phobias with public speaking. Now imagine you are the leader of an entire country on the verge of war and not only do you have a fear of public speaking, but a stutter that makes it that much worse!

That's the problem facing our main character in this movie. He's made King of England after his brother is no longer allowed to be King. It really does a good job of showing the fear of not only making yourself look like a fool, but embarrassing and entire nation. A nation that looks to you for inspiration.

Parts do tend to drag though, and it feels a bit repetitive at times. It's not without flaws, and not really deserved of the Oscars it won, considering there were other more deserving films that season, yet it still makes for an inspirational watch and is sure lift a lot of people's spirits by the end.
September 15, 2016
Fantastic performances lead this seemingly small story. Really make it a compelling affair.
½ September 11, 2016
Even though the time shift's are confusing it's impossible not to be absorbed by this well acted and well written piece. As for it being predictable , it's fucking history!
September 5, 2016
Best Movie That i Seen in along time
August 25, 2016
anladım ki konuma terapisti olmak için diplomaya gerek yokmu:)
½ August 22, 2016
The King's Speech: The tale of England's King George VI (the current Queen Elizabeth's father) and his lifelong struggle to conquer a psychologically-debilitating speech impediment. The story drags on at times but the historical glimpse inside the royal family and Colin Firth's solid performance gives the film a needed boost. B
August 19, 2016
Absolutely astonishing!
August 17, 2016
The Kings Speech is a master peace which does not only deliver a touching story, but conveys emotion intensely in everything from its cast's impeccable performance to things like its camera angles.
August 8, 2016
Gripping characters in a gripping time yet generally a relaxed atmosphere that nevertheless keeps it fresh seeing it time after time.
August 7, 2016
One of my all-time favourites.
July 25, 2016
Masterfully directed and excellently acted, The King's Speech is an entertaining and moving film.
July 22, 2016
Great movie. I can see why this was 2010's movie of the year. Great plot interjected with comedy done well in a dramatic manner. I can recommend this movie, but for some this movie might a bit too laggard.
July 17, 2016
A solid one-time watch.
July 8, 2016
Intelligently scripted, perfectly acted and beautifully executed... It's been a while since movies have given me problems to pick on their flaws: and this is one.
July 3, 2016
Forgettable Oscar bait.
June 10, 2016
Fantastic, I was not expecting the humour either. Must see.
May 26, 2016
The story is predictable, but so satisfying. Acting across the board is perfect.
½ May 19, 2016
Perhaps, the most inspirational film of the decade. A thing of beauty!