The Last Black Man in San Francisco Reviews

• Richard N
    Aug 11, 2019

Artistic. Storyline dealt with a number of such issues including gentrification and community abandonment, mental health, drug abuse and its impact on the family to name a few. Great to see this young filmmaker get his shot beyond The Sundance film festival, thanks to Brad Pitt. I certainly look forward to his next project!

• Aaron U
    Aug 06, 2019

Solid performances by the entire cast and much of what you viewed in the movie is no different that what's happening today in San Francisco.

• Ruby H
    Jul 30, 2019

I didn’t understand the theme of the movie?

I didn’t understand the theme of the movie?

• lynne f
    Jul 24, 2019

Boring and repetitive

Boring and repetitive

• Andrea S
    Jul 19, 2019

Profound, thought-provoking, and moving. A remarkable first feature length film by this young director and his star. Was quite different from what I had expected from the trailer (and, more interesting and substantive).

• Kay
    Jul 14, 2019

Very deep. Not everyone will understand this movie.

Very deep. Not everyone will understand this movie.

• Jane R
    Jul 14, 2019

A little slow, but I never looked at my watch. Good story.

A little slow, but I never looked at my watch. Good story.

• Anais B
    Jul 12, 2019

I really enjoyed the directing and presentation of this film. It is thought provoking and tells such an important story through one man’s perspective.

• John
    Jul 10, 2019

didn't like the movie an hour after I walked out if it

didn't like the movie an hour after I walked out if it

• V J Patti
    Jul 09, 2019

This is one of those scripts that remind me of what we got in 1970's plays and movies. Full throated, experiences of what it is like to be the be of the lead character's background and inner experience, no holes barred. Peppered with great cinematography and art direction, "The Last Black Man in San Francisco" spirited me away. It is moving, enlightening and sober. This is one of those films that houses my heart.