The Last Days On Mars - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Last Days On Mars Reviews

March 22, 2017
Very underrated zombie flick.
March 17, 2017
With very little tension or suspense, The Last Days on Mars fails as horror movie. Its premise is reasonably fresh, but there is too much wasted potential. Its action, special effects, and creature design, while far from Oscar-worthy, are a solid B-, making it a decent sci-fi movie. Liev Schreiber's performance is arguably the best thing the movie has going for it. Unfortunately, Schreiber alone isn't enough to save this film.
January 16, 2017
I put this off till i had nothing else to watch, all because of the poor reviews. It's not that bad at all. Sure, there are sci-fi cliches, but it's tense and runs at a good pace, and the acting is solid, though i did wince a bit at Yusra Warsama's delivery once or twice. Olivia Coleman stands out. And given that zombifying fungi exist on earth, the premise is almost believable too. Nicely shot, good music score, if you like sci-fi, it's worth a watch.
½ December 30, 2016
It should be better than this
November 22, 2016
A decent attempt at making a pseudo-style slasher horror in another world.
November 15, 2016
It was better than I thought it would be and there are a few good scenes and tense moments. Decent acting from the lead, not as much from the others. I'm kind of tired of generic scifi films where they discover life out there and it ends up turning humans into killing machines. sigh. All that being said, I didn't waste my time (watching it for free on Netflix).
½ October 30, 2016
2,5 stars, not the worst ever though...
½ October 25, 2016
Like a lot of Mars probes, this film almost gets there but crashes and burns on the final leg. Neither intelligent enough to grip with its tale, nor dumb enough to grip with its action, The Last Days On Mars falls painfully between two stalls and fails to totally satisfy anyone.
October 23, 2016
I actually enjoyed this movie more than I anticipated I would. Not perfect by any means but still effective in my opinion as a horror.
½ October 17, 2016
esperaba mucho mŠs, muy decepcionante.
½ July 27, 2016
Beautiful sets and props and all the things it needed to be a great Sci Fi film and then wastes it all with trite monster movie stuff that did not need to go to Mars just to do zombie movie stuff.
July 18, 2016
I actually thought it was pretty cool. I liked the set and the makeup art. They definitely could have gone more into depth about the deadly microbe part, but Liev Schreiber is a great actor, so all in all I liked it.
½ April 24, 2016
Yet another zombie movie. Nowhere near as entertaining as the Doctor Who "Waters of Mars" TV episode. Poor effort.
½ April 8, 2016
Like Aliens buts set in present times
½ March 13, 2016
Directed by Uwe Boll. Oh no, that's not true. But definitely looks, sounds and feels like an Uwe Boll movie. And it smells, although not offering any flavor or taste. Full of illogical absurdities, incomprehensible motivations and characters you cannot come to like or care for. I'd gladly like to save everybody's time on watching this, but if you step into the same trap that I did, it will be impossible. It begins like something that could become an at least average movie, but this never happens. Instead, for reasons unlikely beyond all imagination, a barely understandable amount of killing and alarm starts - and although I really wouldn't object to a good zombie or suspense horror movie: It wasn't even thrilling but got me so bored I started playing games on my cell phone. And thank god on Mars for that, since the end is blackness, in the most full-fledged way backslapping you into your face to just put extra emphasis on the fact that you utterly wasted your time by trying to watch this piece of whatever that doesn't deserve to be called movie at all.
½ March 8, 2016
Do NOT watch "The Last Days on Mars," unless you're a 14-year-old boy who likes crude zombie flicks. Otherwise, don't waste an hour and a half of your precious life. The saddest aspect of this film is that they actually put a lot of money and resources into assembling a decent cast with some quality sets, and had real potential to make an intriguing and engaging movie about prospects for human space travel. But instead, they flushed all that down the toilet with a plot that steals rehashed themes from Alien and other real movies, and made the whole thing about zombies. You can't even credibly call this a "sci-fi" movie, because the only fiction is that this movie has anything to do with science fiction. It was physically painful to watch as much as I did before I started skipping ahead and finally quitting it. I hope no one else suffers through this horrible mistake of a film, and I hope all of the humans who actually worked on it learned some serious lessons about what type of films NOT to ever make again.
February 18, 2016
Great film well worth watching
½ January 24, 2016
Although ably directed by feature first-timer Ruairi Robinson, and gamely performed by a cast professional enough to feign alarm and surprise,¬†The Last Days on Mars¬†ultimately confirms what science has already spent billions of dollars establishing: There‚??s just no life here.
January 14, 2016
Last day on earth ...i'm not gonna watch this one ! Soon forgotten
Watched it....boring slow , send it to Mars !
½ November 23, 2015
normal space movie, and then Zombies! It's alright, but nothing special