The Last Days On Mars - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Last Days On Mars Reviews

November 22, 2016
A decent attempt at making a pseudo-style slasher horror in another world.
November 15, 2016
It was better than I thought it would be and there are a few good scenes and tense moments. Decent acting from the lead, not as much from the others. I'm kind of tired of generic scifi films where they discover life out there and it ends up turning humans into killing machines. sigh. All that being said, I didn't waste my time (watching it for free on Netflix).
½ October 30, 2016
2,5 stars, not the worst ever though...
½ October 25, 2016
Like a lot of Mars probes, this film almost gets there but crashes and burns on the final leg. Neither intelligent enough to grip with its tale, nor dumb enough to grip with its action, The Last Days On Mars falls painfully between two stalls and fails to totally satisfy anyone.
October 23, 2016
I actually enjoyed this movie more than I anticipated I would. Not perfect by any means but still effective in my opinion as a horror.
½ October 17, 2016
esperaba mucho mŠs, muy decepcionante.
½ July 27, 2016
Beautiful sets and props and all the things it needed to be a great Sci Fi film and then wastes it all with trite monster movie stuff that did not need to go to Mars just to do zombie movie stuff.
July 18, 2016
I actually thought it was pretty cool. I liked the set and the makeup art. They definitely could have gone more into depth about the deadly microbe part, but Liev Schreiber is a great actor, so all in all I liked it.
½ April 24, 2016
Yet another zombie movie. Nowhere near as entertaining as the Doctor Who "Waters of Mars" TV episode. Poor effort.
½ April 8, 2016
Like Aliens buts set in present times
½ March 13, 2016
Directed by Uwe Boll. Oh no, that's not true. But definitely looks, sounds and feels like an Uwe Boll movie. And it smells, although not offering any flavor or taste. Full of illogical absurdities, incomprehensible motivations and characters you cannot come to like or care for. I'd gladly like to save everybody's time on watching this, but if you step into the same trap that I did, it will be impossible. It begins like something that could become an at least average movie, but this never happens. Instead, for reasons unlikely beyond all imagination, a barely understandable amount of killing and alarm starts - and although I really wouldn't object to a good zombie or suspense horror movie: It wasn't even thrilling but got me so bored I started playing games on my cell phone. And thank god on Mars for that, since the end is blackness, in the most full-fledged way backslapping you into your face to just put extra emphasis on the fact that you utterly wasted your time by trying to watch this piece of whatever that doesn't deserve to be called movie at all.
½ March 8, 2016
Do NOT watch "The Last Days on Mars," unless you're a 14-year-old boy who likes crude zombie flicks. Otherwise, don't waste an hour and a half of your precious life. The saddest aspect of this film is that they actually put a lot of money and resources into assembling a decent cast with some quality sets, and had real potential to make an intriguing and engaging movie about prospects for human space travel. But instead, they flushed all that down the toilet with a plot that steals rehashed themes from Alien and other real movies, and made the whole thing about zombies. You can't even credibly call this a "sci-fi" movie, because the only fiction is that this movie has anything to do with science fiction. It was physically painful to watch as much as I did before I started skipping ahead and finally quitting it. I hope no one else suffers through this horrible mistake of a film, and I hope all of the humans who actually worked on it learned some serious lessons about what type of films NOT to ever make again.
February 18, 2016
Great film well worth watching
½ January 24, 2016
Although ably directed by feature first-timer Ruairi Robinson, and gamely performed by a cast professional enough to feign alarm and surprise,¬†The Last Days on Mars¬†ultimately confirms what science has already spent billions of dollars establishing: There‚??s just no life here.
January 14, 2016
Last day on earth ...i'm not gonna watch this one ! Soon forgotten
Watched it....boring slow , send it to Mars !
½ November 23, 2015
normal space movie, and then Zombies! It's alright, but nothing special
½ November 22, 2015
"The Last Days on Mars" is a gritty sic-fi horror film with a touch of zombie thrown in for good measure.
November 22, 2015
3 stars if you are a SCI-fi fan and 3.5 to 4 if you love anything and everything to do with Mars. There are lots of things that could be better and make this a 5 star, but it just misses on performances and a few plot items. Overall I loved this movie though (had extremely low expectations based on the low ratings. ) Again...if you love science fiction and Mars there is a lot to like here. Some of the other modern Mars movies that are rated much higher could learn some things from this show. I enjoyed Liev and Elias' performances the most. Kim character pretty good as well.
November 13, 2015
Zombies in Space. Dumb.
½ October 31, 2015
On the last day of the first manned mission to Mars, a crew member of Tantalus Base believes he has made an astounding discovery - fossilized evidence of bacterial life. Unwilling to let the relief crew claim all the glory, he disobeys orders to pack up and goes out on an unauthorized expedition to collect further samples. But a routine excavation turns to disaster when the porous ground collapses, and he falls into a deep crevice and near certain death. His devastated colleagues attempt to recover his body. However, when another vanishes they start to suspect that the life-form they have discovered is not yet dead. As the group begins to fall apart it seems their only hope is the imminent arrival of the relief ship Aurora.