The Last Full Measure Reviews

• 4d ago

Blah. I almost turned this off. The ending saved it, but man did it take strength to hang in there until the end.

• May 26, 2020

A veteran: A very powerful look at the bond that connects servicemen as well as the trials and tribulations that they endure in combat

• May 25, 2020

The real-life story of this heroic vet is well worth the telling, as a reminder of just how horrific war is, and the terrible toll it takes. Unfortunately, the fictional tale in which it was bookended, of a soul-less Pentagon bureaucrat who discovers his conscience and risks his career to make that story known was just tired and trite, despite the usual fantastic performance by Sebastian Stan. The action sequences in Vietnam were just confusing, and according to reports the suggestion that Pitzenbarger was denied a Medal of Honor as part of a nefarious coverup of military incompetence is not likely true, rather it was the fact that he was a member of the Air Force in an Army action, and paperwork did not make it through channels. More likely what pushed the action of vets who witnessed & were saved by him was the internet, which allowed those veterans to make contact and network.

• May 23, 2020

Excellent movie! I hope the younger generation (20’s- 30’s) watches this movie. Learn about the bravery & sacrifice of our men and women in the service from all generations. No one likes war but sometimes it’s necessary. Our leaders at times make mistakes in the heat of battle. Let’s honor all the men and women throughout generations in this country who have served and also those who have given the ultimate sacrifice. So glad over the last 10 to 15 years the leaders and elected officials in this country are finally giving the military the respect and attention they deserve!

• May 05, 2020

This movie is one of the finest I have seen. The character portrayals and the harsh reality of what the soldiers experienced bring the bitingly sad story of a soldier who paid the ultimate sacrifice to life. Highly recommend.

• LeftoverVera
    May 05, 2020

What a load of rubbish.

What a load of rubbish.

• May 03, 2020

A very inspirational story and beautiful character development

A very inspirational story and beautiful character development

• Apr 30, 2020

I didn't expect much from this, but what a compelling, sad yet uplifting story. This was an overall well done movie that I would recommend and watch again soon

• Apr 29, 2020

I really actually liked it ..I wasn't expecting to I was watching it for my husband. I'm not sure if we missed the movie telling us the date at the start of the movie but once we figured out they were in the late nineties early 2000 things did fit better. It seemed very wholesome and I'm not sure if things really were anymore wholesome in the political arena but, they weren't as horrible as they are today. A lot of really great actors and it goes back and forth between action and story so it does have too much of either. It was actually impressively balanced. I really like that this story was brought forward. I think it's an important war that we don't learn enough about.

• Apr 29, 2020

Love "true stories." Its always difficult to be spot on and 100% accurate. Theres always a different angle. This was a wonderful overall gem. Great performances. Deserving of a true Hero. Hard not to tear up.