The Last Full Measure Reviews

• Apr 09, 2021

This movie is the perfect example of why self proclaimed top movie critics opinions don't matter, this movie was amazing felt every emotion and the bravery this man showed was true valour. 60% critics like it, 96% of the audience like it once again proving that self proclaimed top critics opinions don't matter they never have and never will.

• Apr 09, 2021

Storia vera di un atto di eroismo durante la Guerra del Vietnam. Racconto lineare senza nulla di particolarmente originale; ci si concentra soprattutto sull'analisi dei personaggi e dei momenti in cui il soldato si contraddistinse per le sue gesta. Sebastian Stan invece è il classico personaggio che muta in meglio col passare dei minuti, si limita al compito classico del rendere epica la storia.

• Apr 03, 2021

Excellent film. Captures the 30 year struggle of former military members to see that their comrade was properly recognized for his heroic actions. Great performances for a gripping story.

• Mar 01, 2021

Good solid American feel good movie, might have gotton some moisture in my eyes at a few points!! Very awesome cast .... a few great ones in this.

• Feb 19, 2021

The critics who can't get past the casting choices and only play lip service to the veterans this film is about obviously never served, don't understand sacrifice or honor and are clearly triggered by real virtue instead of virtue signaling. This is Christopher Plummer's last, and easily one of his finest performances. The writing is superb. The direction is impeccable and the performances are all Oscar worthy. If you aren't moved to tears at least once you probably don't have a soul. The fact this film wasn't nominated for any awards and didn't clean up at the Oscars is a crime against cinema.

• Feb 01, 2021

I'm not sure what movie the critics watched but I have to agree to the audience score one this one. One of the best movies I've seen in a long time, made even better because it is true!

• Jan 23, 2021

This movie puts war efore during and after into perspective. Please watch the credits for comments from those that knew him

• Jan 21, 2021

Interesting film that went under my radar. This is not the kind of movie that I usually watch. It is overly patriotic, very smulchy and has no pretence about it's manipulation of the audience. The film is about a war hero in Vietnam that surviving soldiers are trying to get him awarded a posthumous medal of honour. So it has all the ques you would expect. Lots of old men crying intercut with scenes of the war. Again, this is not the kind of movie I usually like. I got it as it has a very good cast. In fact in some ways it is a perfect film from a producer point of view. Cheap to film, you can get all these awesome older actors as all they are doing is talking and intercut some action using young unknowns. That being said this film really worked for me. I was a little watery in the eyes and everything. I'm not a anti-war kind of person, in fact many in my direct family have served in pretty much all the major wars since ww1, so one of my pet peeves is how soldiers are always shown as basket cases. I mean PTSD is a real thing, but it is like 10% or something. Most soldiers come back perfectly fine and leave productive lives. So I was very impressed at the diversity of soldiers shown. Full waco-jako types,senators or blue colour workmen, to family men and I think that is kind of the point, as the war took so many different people, but a true hero, a actual nonpareil example of what we as a society "want" to believe a person can be like is actually rare and I think "want" is the right word, as like so many war stories, the real gritty truth is not as important as the legend. The story is a "true"... but I have a feeling they have taken a lot of liberties with the film's frame. I suspect the framing of a vicious dc bureaucrat being touched and finding solace in duty beyond personal gain and a conspiracy to hide the truth is just made up BS. As going to hearings and reading reports in court is probably not compelling viewing. Even so this is one, not a true one, but one none the less of a film type I am super into at the mo... the docudrama. Films like Spotlight, Moneyball, The Big Short, Dark Waters and so on are fascinating due to the subject and at first I thought this movie was one of these, but as it goes on it becomes something more soft and abandons the investigation to focus on themes of happiness and forgiveness. It looses some focus and coherence to head deep into emotional manipulation. So yeah.. the film is cheese, but it is good old stinky cheese and I'm a outed cynic... but I also can not ignore that I had a legit emotional reaction to it in the form of a little wetness in the eyes, which is pretty rare for me. There are some great performances from a stella cast in this one, including Samuel Jackson reminding us he can actually act if he wants to, but Christopher Plummer and particularly john Savage are really fantastic in this. Verdict :Heroism is not only in the man, but in the occasion : Coolidge

• Jan 07, 2021

This movie outstanding, amazing story of an unsung group of USAF personnel: Pararescue. Quite phenomenal people have rated this less than 5 stars! If you know anything about any MOH recipients, that alone should compel you to watch this movie... ALL their stories are truly amazing and heroic Make sure you take the time to hear the narrative from the real players at the end of the movie.

• Jan 04, 2021

Excellent movie. Glad we didn't let Rotten Tomatoes' review showing less stars influence our decision to watch it!